Arizona Sunshine

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave this a go last night, my mate bought it for his VIVE and thanks to the wonders of steam sharing I got to have a go too.

the campaign mode seems great, and seems just the sort of thing which I am after in a virtual shooter game. its pretty and fairly well polished. walking around following a linear path shooting zombies in the head

I tried horde mode and, whilst there is no need for full 360 degree tracking, this has me convinced that i will be getting the 3rd camera for my birthday. in the campaign at least so far, the game is slow paced enough to keep on top of your direction and use the teleport accordingly, but in horde mode it was just too fast, and, god damn it if i didnt ALWAYS end up in that 60 degree direction where touch loses tracking in the official 2 cameras front set up.

I know you can do full room tracking with 2 cameras but its not perfect in my experience (not terrible) but its too much of a pain having to move the cameras about etc so i cant be bothered with it.... the 3rd camera will screw to the ceiling and can live there unplugged when not in use.

12 months ago if you had told me i would be spending almost £750 on a VR solution i would have told you you were off your head!.

but at least it has come with shed loads of games, loads of demos and I know it is unfashionable but i really like the XB1 pad and wireless adapter too.

Thank god its xmas
biggrin.png

Last edited:
Oh, my VR expenditure has run into several thousands if I include the rig I built specifically for it! Plus VR covers, prescription lenses, mounting poles, wireless headphones, HOTAS, wheel and pedals, and then the hordes of VR games.

This one looks worth buying though.

Thanks for the review. I have been looking for a decent FPS for my Vive.

Thanks for the review. I have been looking for a decent FPS for my Vive.

just bear in mind it is not free walking its teleporting - which i am fine with but i know some are not.

PS have you tried the doom3 BFG mod. i havent yet but i think i may buy it today (the game... the mod is free)

This is on a small offer on humblestore.

the possible hook however is, it says you have oculus or steam key... now, in the past we have been given BOTH keys when available for multiple platforms. No idea if that is the case here, or if you have to pick a key at some point.

Note its not that i want to rip anyone off, more rather its nicer to have in oculus store BUT at the same time i like the idea of futureproofing with a steam key incase i go another brand hmd next generation.

This is on a small offer on humblestore.

the possible hook however is, it says you have oculus or steam key... now, in the past we have been given BOTH keys when available for multiple platforms. No idea if that is the case here, or if you have to pick a key at some point.

Note its not that i want to rip anyone off, more rather its nicer to have in oculus store BUT at the same time i like the idea of futureproofing with a steam key incase i go another brand hmd next generation.

It's the same price on Steam.

Currently £21.37 through cdkeys if you 'like' their facebook page

Has anyobe managed multiplayer accross steam and oculus version?

Taaa

Well I have just finished his today and must say it has been one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had in gaming.
I want to play certain levels so I can show it to my mates but can't find out how to.

Full motion is apparently out now.

oooooooo must try this again, fab game!.

Humble Store has a couple of quid off this at the moment so new month, new budget, decided to give it a go.

When redeeming they gave me a choice of Oculus or Steam and, despite my current sulk with Oculus I plumped for Oculus Store.

if nothing else, it's another stick to beat them with if tracking is off.

It's an awesome game and when tracking works it's really impressive.. enjoy. Not been playing my rift as gave up awaiting this fix, might have to get back into assetto cords or pcars

Yeah I've been playing RaceRoom.

There's a bit of free content and a few of the competitions you can usually enter even if you don' t own the content. I was driving GT3s at EuroSpeedway the other day.

Works really well with my wheel.

I'm currently making my way through the mines.

Wow. As I went through the first bit towards the mines I was impressed with myself about how I wasn't getting all that scared.

But since I've been underground, well my skin has not stopped crawling.

I think the use of the torch is excellent. the way you hold it and shine it. Totally natural, totally convincing.

Not entirely my kind of game but I still think it's very very well done.

It gets a little repetitive after a while (shoot zombies to get from one area to another, find a key, open a door/gate, interact with something that triggers a horde), but it is very nicely done and keeps you coming back.

I've just reached the mines myself and at the bit where you have to just use the torch to find your way around. Trouble is once I reached that point I couldn't go any further as I felt too scared lol.
I really want to complete the game though so going to have to man-up and push my way through!

It hasn't got too repetitive for me yet - it keeps managing to sprinkle in the odd interesting and fun thing to do - the massive machine gun was fun - and having to sweep up left and right with the odd crawler was spine tingling and exhilarating at the same time.

I've just finished hunting around the trailer park for explosives and finished that bit. Stopped it there as I don't want to go through it all too fast.

Well I was going to play this again last night after the Oculus patch fixed (most) my tracking issues. Unfortunately it now crashes at start-up with a Microsoft C++ error.

Does anyone know where the save files for this game are stored? (I'm running the Home version by the way.) I know where the game files are stored but cannot see any obvious save files. I'll try a uninstall/re-install but don't want to loose my game progress unless I have to.

Well I was going to play this again last night after the Oculus patch fixed (most) my tracking issues. Unfortunately it now crashes at start-up with a Microsoft C++ error.

Does anyone know where the save files for this game are stored? (I'm running the Home version by the way.) I know where the game files are stored but cannot see any obvious save files. I'll try a uninstall/re-install but don't want to loose my game progress unless I have to.

Gaming PC isn't on so I can't check but I remember superhot files were in the profile folder so something like c:\users\yourusername\appdata then in one of those 3 folders - low, roaming etc.

Appdata folder is hidden by default so you'll have to enable viewing hidden files if you haven't already. The game files might be in a folder named after the developer / publisher like they are in the Oculus software folder. Can't remember their name off the top of my head.

Ah thanks Ed! Funnily enough I did try the appdata/local directory and couldn't find anything but never thought to check the other two. Anyway I found it under the localLow directory.

If anyone else needs the exact location it will be under: C:\Users\"your ID here"\AppData\LocalLow\Vertigo Games (of course the Drive letter may be different for your install)

Having only bought it last week, I've played the entire game using thumbstick movement instead of teleport and I have to say it does make me feel a little queasy.

I'm playing for over an hour in a stint and when I come away I can definitely feel it.

It's been great dun and actually I didn't feel like it got all that repetitive. I'm not quite finished yet but suspect I'm very close to the end now, without wanting to give anything away.

I can't remember ever enjoying a game with a story arc like that before. Although I don't play them really. The last one I can remember trying was Doom 2 and I never really got into that. Loved the LAN multiplayer though. Sank hundreds of hours into that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom