1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arianet 42" Plasma Display Panel £1,056.33

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Waynej, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +870
    I'v been thinking about getting a hi-def ready plasma for a while now, my main reason for wanting one is for the launch of the next Xbox console, whish supports hi-def, and also for sky as i read on here they'll be broadcasting in hi-def next year.

Now I know this probably isn't the best set around, but for the price it looks find and people have posted comments, but I thought i'd post it here to see what your reaction is to it, all the information on it as at the site, in the link below.

CLICK FOR INFO

Please let me know your thoughts on it, they currently only have 2 left, but I'm in no rush for it, they say they'll get more stock in again.

So whether you like it or not, also it would be great if u could recommend a better set at a similar price :suicide:

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Unfortunately, this display is not HD ready (despite them claiming that it is).

It's standard WVGA - 852x480!

It can take HD inputs (720p, 1080i,) but it will downscale them, so you'll lose most of the HD resolution. Also, for compatibility with European HD, you'd need to check whether it can take these HD inputs at 50Hz - many PDP displays like this can only take them at 60Hz (such as they use in the USA).

3. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +910
    you have to look for the HD compatible signs on all flat panels and dlp if it dont have 1 then its not and the plasma that you are talking about dont :thumbsdow

4. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +870
    Thanks, you just saved me over a 1,000 pound that I didn't have and was gonna skin myself out anyway. :smashin: