Arguments - Bleeding edge technological advance or Audiophool snake oil ? Just for fun !

You will see it in my signature. I have the book ! :)

One of my favourite quotes:

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." Floyd Toole

Pretty much says it all about so called audiophiles, snake oil, etc... ;)

Why do you think this is not good ?
From my understanding they seem to share tech with other brands. But when I crew up they were quite famous brand. Everyone wanted HK stereo amplifiers epically if you wanted too play really loud.

What I am trying to say is that I miss them in the ordinary hifi shops.

From my understanding they seem to share tech with other brands. But when I crew up they were quite famous brand. Everyone wanted HK stereo amplifiers epically if you wanted too play really loud.

What I am trying to say is that I miss them in the ordinary hifi shops.
My take on the HKs as amplifiers of that era is that they are like American Caterpiller trucks .. just tons and tons of horsepower, and achieve excellence not by subtlety but by simple brute force. .. not that their specs slouch about . A class AB will have very low distortion if the bias current is set high, so they are nearly Class A , but the price is a lot of quiescent power .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom