1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argos

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dfield2000, Sep 12, 2003.

1. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I was just doing a search on the price compare site and Argos came up as one of the suppliers. Since when did Argos sell DVD's ? Is this a new thing or am I a bit behind the times here ? Do they sell DVD's in store or is it over the net only ? Anyone had any experiences with them good or bad, eg what are their delivery times and pricing like.

cheers

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    its a division of Argos - 'Argos Entertainment' - mail order stuff. I got a copy of Futurama Season 1 for (around) an excellent £12. But i've never seen any similiar 'one-offs' since.

dean

3. themoron

themoron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Argos bought out jungle.com a couple of years back, but did nothing with it. It is only now they are using some of what it used to be. www.jungle-entertainment.co.uk jumps straight to www.argos-entertainment.co.uk. It's a real shame, I used to love jungle and bought lots of computer parts there. Oh well

themoron :mad:(

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,349
    I noticed that the othe day as I was looking for the cheapest prices for hardware and got Argos. I also tried Go.Buy but that has been taken over by John Lewis (if it was them before they have drastically cut down on the PC hardware).:(