Argos Sony 40" KDL-40U2000 £900

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Karlin, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Karlin

Karlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,202
    [​IMG]
    Couldn't resist this TV from Argos for £905 delivered. It's for the bedroom but looks a bit of a bargain for any room. All the info I can find on it (AVForums) is it's a lesser panel than another range. Which could apply to almost any TV I suppose.

I was after a 37"-ish cheap set but they all look pretty awful and none have Freeview. For a few hundred extra I have the Sony which certainly looks like a nice bit of kit.

Userguide (I think it is but the Argos set has an 'U' at the end).

Anyone else bought one?

UPDATE user guide link

2. Karlin

Karlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,202
    Nobody interested in that Argos TV?

I see Makro have it on the 3rd January for £950inc. So the Argos TV isn't an amazing price but I think it's still pretty good for £905 delivered (assuming they actually cough up the goods).

[​IMG]
    click for full size image

3. richest

richest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  4. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looks a great deal well done:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. Karlin

Karlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,202
    Got the TV this morning at 0645, surely the earliest a TV has been delivered anywhere? :D

Very pleased with it. Excellent connections and remote. Picture is very good and I'm surprised at the sound as it's more than acceptable (I usually have to use a separate amp).

My only gripe would be the size of the banner when you change channels as it's MASSIVE and there doesn't seem to be an option to reduce the onscreen time either. The EPG is like most EPGs a complete unreadable mess. I'm afraid I still can't stop using a TV magazine as EPGs hurt my brain (although the Humax 9200 is impressive).

I'd say it's all its money at £900 because I think prices will collapse in the next few months so I'm happy at the price I've paid now.

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought 1 of these sets just b4 x-mas (me panasonic 32" crt died:( ) & bought it from Costco £900 with 3yrs free warranty & im well pleased with it >It may be a bit of a budget tv but it was the best i could afford at the time considering it was just b4 x-mas. Im no Av tech-head but it seems value for money to me :D
    plus the x-box 360 looks great on it:thumbsup: