1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argos selection help needed please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by El gordo, Jan 18, 2003.

1. El gordo

El gordo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First things first buying a new set from Argos is NOT MY IDEA!:eek:

My folks not-so-old Grundig 4:3 set has finally gone bang tonight, it had a live-able tube fault and is so not worth the repair costs.

So naturally on hearing that they want to get a 32" WS I start singing the praises of the "Toshiba for 850 at JL".:D :D

It's only then that I get hit with the bombshell that they've got 700squids worth of bloody Argos vouchers stashed away!!! I can probably convince them to top it up to a nice round £1000. But what do I tell them to get?

My mum would use it mainly as an analogue TV but wants the WS for DVDs. Whereas my dad uses the Freeview box all the time. As for me, well as long as my movies look great I'll be a happy bunny.

I done searches for most of the set available and like the look of the Sony LS60, Panasonic TXPL1 & TXPL10 despite the problems displayed by the various sets. But I am open to any help offered or warnings given.
    Anyone have any opinions on the LG RE-32FZ10PX? It seems to have a lot of features but is £200 cheaper than the others. Is it any good?

I know this post seems naive but I've got to act sharpish as the OldMan is just liable to go out over the weekend and get whatever he lays his eyes on first!:rolleyes:

Cheers everyone:)

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Out of the ones you have listed, I'd go for the LS60. But then I would say that as I have one that I've been chuffed with since day 1. I use it with a Freeview box and DVD, both connected via RGB - the picture is stunning. Not too many features, but most people don't use them after the first few days anyway :)

3. El gordo

El gordo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the info Squirrel God :)

I had to work today and when I came home the OldMan had already gone out and blown the best part of a grand on the same Toshiba that JL are doing. No 5 year guarantee either.

Silly silly man :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

On the plus side it is here right now tho..........

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshes are generally very good and you'll be pleased to be watching stuff in widescreen now anyway :)