Argos don't let you choose your toys anymore

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Has anyone else noticed this in argos? My cousins little girl wants a Mrs Potato head but argos wont let me have buy one, i will get a Mr OR a Mrs potato head and i have no say in what i get

Buy Disney Toy Story 3 Mr & Mrs Potato Head. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

I noticed it with another toy another one of my family was after at the weekend and my brother also wanted a Mario toy for one of the kids but they insisted he would get what he was given. Do they really expect anyone to pay for a pot luck draw on toys knowing what kids are like?

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Wow - after ten years, bricks-and-mortar shops score one back :)

smallclanger

Don't get it, isn't it both Mr & Mrs Potato head as advertised? You put the tash on for Mr or the lips on for Mrs?

KhalJimbo

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Don't get it, isn't it both Mr & Mrs Potato head as advertised? You put the tash on for Mr or the lips on for Mrs?
I think they are different, it says one supplied in the description, i think you get different accessories and stuff with the Mrs or something like that. The one my brother had a problem with was the kid in question only wanted mario but they were selling this:

Buy Super Mario 12cm Action Figures. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

so you get one of the 5 without any choice :confused:

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
This must be a local issue.

I have recently purchased Lego Hero Factory figures from 2 different Argos, and in both stores they brought out one of each, and allowed my son choose which one he wanted.

Last edited:

IronGiant

Same here, I reserved one zhu zhu hamster online and they bought out 4 to choose from...

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
This must be a local issue.

I have recently purchased Lego Hero Factory figures from Argos, and in both stores, they brought out one of each, and allowed him to choose which one he wanted.
really? it's put me off buying just incase, knowing argos around here i wont get the choice but i think i'm just going to toys'r'us instead to make sure she gets the one she wants. Seems weird they haven't got different catalogue numbers though

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

smallclanger

I think they are different, it says one supplied in the description, i think you get different accessories and stuff with the Mrs or something like that. The one my brother had a problem with was the kid in question only wanted mario but they were selling this:

Buy Super Mario 12cm Action Figures. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

so you get one of the 5 without any choice :confused:
One "Mr & Mrs Potato head" supplied - just to clarify you cant play with both at once as they share the same body.

I admit the mario one isn't clear

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Be the worst dad ever and give her a real potatoe wrapped in gift paper fro Christmas.:laugh:
worryingly the thought had crossed my mind as it's not my kid :D Not sure a 2 year old would get the joke though :(

If what you guys say is true i might give them a try if toys'r'us dont have one and if they give me no choice get my money back on it. Just seemed a barmy way to do things especially when it comes to kids who can be really picky.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
One "Mr & Mrs Potato head" supplied - just to clarify you cant play with both at once as they share the same body.

I admit the mario one isn't clear
it does make sense, can you tell i don't have kids and know nothing about kid toys today. Her mum's reeled off a list of programmes she likes as a back up option though so i'm sure i'll find her something by the weekend for the present exchange day

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
There's a guy down my local known as Mr Potato Head...he's a complete ****** so if you give me a dark night with a lot of cloud cover and no witnesses I'll send you his head free of charge?

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
while we're on the subject of argos, has anyone else also noticed that they have found a loophole in sunday trading laws? It's the only big shop i know of that can open 9:30-5:30 on a sunday
They probably have less than 280 square metres floor space. Allowing them to avoid Sunday trading regulations.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
while we're on the subject of argos, has anyone else also noticed that they have found a loophole in sunday trading laws? It's the only big shop i know of that can open 9:30-5:30 on a sunday
Presumably that's because their publicly-accessible trading area is less than the area that triggers the limited hours.

Edit> note to self - type more quickly

Jenn

Novice Member
Funnily enough I had the experience with Tesco Direct. I was looking to order a Handy Manny toy for my son but on the website it said you would receive either the TV or the Radio (toy for children to "fix" before it works). :confused: