Argos delay 42PX70PED

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by colsa, Jan 20, 2008.

1. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, has anybody bought the Panasonic 42 PX 70 PED recently from Argos ?

I bought mine on Dec 27, it said up to 28 days delivery, the 28 days is almost up and no sign of the tv so i phoned Argos, there is an extra 37 days delay for delivery on this set, anybody else waiting for one ?

2. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received a letter from Argos today confirming the delay, thanks for the replies :D

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    I think it's an unreasonable length of time to wait for this product when it is available elsewhere. If it were me, I'd have bailed long ago.

4. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would have bailed mate, but i have argos vouchers, so must buy at argos, they have just phoned, there is now a minimum 6 week delay, they did offer a replacement, the px7, i said no, they then said i could choose a different set if i wanted, i might go for the 37 px 70 ped, dunno, do i just wait it out for my 42 px 70 ped ?

5. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +623
    It is a long wait, but it was a bloody good deal and i think they may have got stung on it...

£699 with 3 year warranty and half price stand is cheap at half the price!

6. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, i think i might wait it out Mac, because i was also told by Argos that i should be compensated for the terrible delay, 10 weeks minimum wait for a tv which was in stock when i paid for it.

7. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    The new models (PX80) may be out in March!

If you get a PX70 it will be from the very last batches made - stick in there - you'll either get a very good PX70 deal with some compensation for the delay or they may offer the new PX80 model.

Gussie :)

8. anditsinthere

anditsinthere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    March? Who said that?? :smashin:How much then??

9. clacka

clacka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, i have had the same problem ordered 26 Dec. They also offered me the other Panny but lower spec so declined. It is a long delay but as said previously it was a cracking deal for 699 + 3 yr warranty and stand half price, so maybe they underestimated the demand. If you notice the Tv is now priced at 899. I have upgraded the TV stand to a better one so i will just have to sit it out i guess!

10. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I'm naking an assumption - the PX70 range announced in the US at CES Jan 2007 was swiftly followed by Panasonic UK putting details up on their site on 7/3/2007 - units started shipping 3rd week in March 2007.

See no reason for it to be any different this year - I expect the first PX80 units to arrive in late March i.e. in 9 weeks time.

As for price - 42" around the same as the PX70.

Gussie :)

11. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey clacka, the 3 year warranty yeah, it sais the 3 year warranty leaflet will be posted out on order confirmation, have you received any such leaflet ?

12. clacka

clacka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No Colsa, still waiting for the warranty. I assume they will post this when the TV arrives at their warehouse??? Can't really see them not providing this as it was clearly advertised and they therefore have to fulfill their obligations - especially a company the size of Argos!

Let me know if you manage to get your posted before the TV arrives though...

13. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just phoned Argos, i had to phone them today to let them know if i wanted a replacement tv or if i was happy to wait for my original order, i said i would wait, i mentioned the 3 year warranty, they seem to think some documentation should be sent out as soon as you order your tv, however, she is looking into this and will get back to me, as for compensation/good will gesture goes for the long wait, that no longer exists because Argos have offered me a choice whether i wait, refund my money or accept a replacement tv, they have however refunded my delivery charge, im just gonna wait it out, see what happens.

14. clacka

clacka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Colsa, looks like we are both just going to sit it out and wait for the Panny to arrive (hope it's worth it!). If you do have any news on your warranty and when it is actually sent let me know please...

Thanks.

15. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, i'll let you know what happens as far as the warranty goes, she said she would get back to me.

I hope this set is worth the wait, no way was i going to take their offer of the px7, i could have asked for the 37 px 70 ped, but i fancy the 42 for use with my ps3, saying that, if the 42 is not as good as its made out to be, i just send it back saying its faulty and get the 37.

16. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still waiting :)

17. lancashire lad

lancashire lad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi every body I just price promised a th42 px70 (no ped) with John Lewis Manchester against a EMPIRE STORE in Manchester and got it for £699.00
    with free delivery and a 5 year warranty to be delivered next week.
    hope this is some help to you all

18. anditsinthere

anditsinthere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I rang up Empire Direct and they aint got none in stock, when did you PM?

19. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ATTN CLACKA.....

Today i received my 3 year warranty leaflet through the post.

I phoned them up (indian call centre).

They said we have 120 days to register the set from the day of purchase.

20. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Argos just phoned, im getting my telly next thursday yippeee.

This is 5 weeks earlier than they said i would have it by, i hope its not a returned tv, any of you guys know how i can check if they tv has been used prior to me owning it ?

21. Chinstroke

Chinstroke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Yeah if you hold down -/v button under flap on tv whilst pressing 0 three times on remote. That will take you in to the service menu which show number of hours TV has been used for. Obviously if it has several hours on it then it will probably have been owned by someone else.

22. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one, thanks chin. :smashin:

23. clacka

clacka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Colsa, i am still waiting for the TV. Had a letter saying should be at the Argos warehouse by 9th Feb and will arrange delivery after that so lets wait and see! Strangely enough i had my stand delivered on Friday so that's ready and waiting, just need something to put on it:rolleyes:

24. clacka

clacka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Good news Colsa, rang Argos and its in the warehouse and i am also getting mine delivered this Thursday :clap: Hope its worth the wait!

25. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Which JL was that? Cheadle or Trafford Centre?

26. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    our tellies are coming tomorrow clacka :thumbsup:

mint :clap:

27. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the tv set up, and gotta say, its amazing, im watching in SD and the picture quality is superb, set my ps3 up with the hdmi lead and gaming is never gonna be the same...wow.

Checked the service menu (thanks chin) and the tv has done zero hours, got the contrast/brightnes/colour all set realy low for now, ive heard somewhere that you have to have them low for the first few weeks, dunno if this is true though.

Not sure what the aspect ratio button is for, ive just got it set at auto.

28. anditsinthere

anditsinthere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Colsa, what settings you got everything at? This would help me alot ;)

29. clacka

clacka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey Colsa, i had mine delivered yesterday too.:clap:

Still trying to get everything set up on it. I currently have sky SD running through it and in general the picture is good, however i was disappointed with pic qality of some channels (e.g BBC3 African nations footy last night). I am only using scart leads at the mo as next Friday i am having V+ box installed so that may be the real problem, or poor scarts. Hopefully with an HDMI cable fitted it will improve pic quality. Would anyone recommend i buy a cable seperately rather than the one Virgin supply? Am also looking to get a Panny 850 surround system when i can afford it(saving the pennies).

One other problem i have now is the Wii doesn't seem to have colour when i plug the red white and yellow cables into the Panny - do i need to upgrade to somethink like this component cable http://www.game.co.uk/Wii/Hardware/Accessory/~r329915/GAMEware-Nintendo-Wii-Component-Cable/
    to make everything work correctly or am i doing sonmething obvious wrong - probably!

Any help/advise is really appreciated.

30. colsa

colsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I watched the footy live on eurosport, ivory coast vs egypt, the picture was superb for me clacka, it realy was superb, im watching through my eurovox (sd) , i bought a new scart lead before i set the tv up, got one of those premium gold ones, ive got my settings realy low for burning the screen in, but even with all my settings realy low, the picture quality is crystal clear, sharp as anything, no motion blur, no pixelation, its as if this tv was assembled in heaven :smashin:

cant help you with the wii, ive got a ps3 and it was a simple case of connecting it with the hdmi cable mate,