Argos' answers to the supply problem...

rdm1977

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just got off the phone to Argos. Call centre person was pretty much in the dark, but I got some fairly definitive answers from her manager (whether true or not I can't vouch).

They were expecting 22,000 units on Friday and will receive only 18,000.

They blamed Nintendo strongly by name. They say other retailers will be affected too.

Allocation is according to location not date of order.

5 distribution depots are affected: Swindon, Notts, Preston, Warrington and one other which she was unsure of. (I'm in London and have had mine cancelled so not sure what to make of this).

They are expecting all orders to be fulfilled in the next two weeks - but she could not 'guarantee' they'd all be fulfilled before Christmas.

They're sending me some gift vouchers.

Hope this info is useful...

I've just got off the phone to Argos. Call centre person was pretty much in the dark, but I got some fairly definitive answers from her manager (whether true or not I can't vouch).

They blamed Nintendo strongly by name. They say other retailers will be affected too.

5 distribution depots are affected: Swindon, Notts, Preston, Warrington and one other which she was unsure of. (I'm in London and have had mine cancelled so not sure what to make of this).

They are expecting all orders to be fulfilled in the next two weeks - but she could not 'guarantee' they'd all be fulfilled before Christmas.

guess who lives in preston.......:thumbsdow as far as im aware there is no argos distribution depot in preston...our deliveries come from heywood. Although it could be a reality depot....

Allocation is according to location not date of order...

:eek: They better get ready for lots of phone calls from angry customers then.:devil: So someone who ordered on day 1 could lose out to somebody that ordered days/weeks later just because of their post code.:lesson:

:eek: They better get ready for lots of phone calls from angry customers then.:devil: So someone who ordered on day 1 could lose out to somebody that ordered days/weeks later just because of their post code.:lesson:

That's exactly what's happening.

Although she did say I'm more likely to get mine next week than the week after as I ordered early (Oct 23rd).

I think she may have made that up though in an effort to get me back on-side.

just to let you know that i am from nottingham and have received the confirmation call this evening saying it will be delivered on friday between 8am and 8pm so its not all doom and gloom

just to let you know that i am from nottingham and have received the confirmation call this evening saying it will be delivered on friday between 8am and 8pm so its not all doom and gloom
What time did they call you and when did you place your order.

I placed my order on 21st Oct, but have received no phone call :mad:

What time did they call you and when did you place your order.

I placed my order on 21st Oct, but have received no phone call :mad:

they called me at 6pm ,it was an automatic message and i placed my order at the end of october (pretty sure it was the 30th)

Ordered 25/10/06 and had no phone call at all!

Completely in the dark! Also confused as Argos Wii 0800 line staff are telling me that ALL Friday deliveries will be delayed. Obvious crap when you see that some people have received positive news.

All it would take is an explanantion on the Argos site and we would all know what was actually happening.

This is soooo messed up, i have not had any phone call, so ive just phoned them AGAIN. and a woman said " if you dont hear anything saying its been delayed then you will get one on the 8th". This i fail to believe.

I am soooooooooo ****** at how they have handled this, especially the postcode thing and not by when you ordered.

I live in notts and preorded 25th october had phone call saying wont be getting one on friday???????What is going on?????

I live in notts and preorded 25th october had phone call saying wont be getting one on friday???????What is going on?????

Ive no idea mate , and i do think that it is very unfair if this turns out to not be 1st come 1st served.All i can suggest is that you ring the wii hotline and ask for a reason that you will not be getting one yet people who have ordered in late november have received the call to say that they will be getting one on friday.

best of luck

I got the phone call today saying it will come on friday, which is good news. Good job i got the call before i heard about the shortage in preston though cos someone would have got hurt. I'm guessing mine will be coming from preston, cos i live in blackpool.

Well im in preston (leyland) to be exact and phoned argos today and they said im deffo getting one. Also got a pre order from comet thats coming monday morning just in case!
Just need that damn component cable!

Think I'll phone them up tomorrow and try and get some vouchers out of them

Well im in preston (leyland) to be exact and phoned argos today and they said im deffo getting one. Also got a pre order from comet thats coming monday morning just in case!
Just need that damn component cable!

when did you order? i ordered 23/10 grr lol

just so you know, i hate you :p haha

when did you order? i ordered 23/10 grr lol

just so you know, i hate you :p haha

This really is random, cos i didn't order til 15th November, yet I get one and someone who lives in the same area and ordered 3 weeks before me doesn't!?!

I'm not complaining, but this is one strange delivery system.

This really is random, cos i didn't order til 15th November, yet I get one and someone who lives in the same area and ordered 3 weeks before me doesn't!?!

I'm not complaining, but this is one strange delivery system.

yeah its stupid! very stupid! im not impressed

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom