1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argos £599.99 projector with free screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by john59, May 9, 2005.

1. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
  2. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just done a bit of searching regarding the above PJ .

On another forum someone ordered the PJLC5 from argos and got this model instead.

http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/Hitachi_CP-RS55.htm.

I thought it looked different in the catalogue in comparison to the PJLC5. "IS THIS FALSE ADVERTISING" :eek: :mad:

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Well I think the Toshiba ET1 shifting for £360 is evidence that prices are dropping (DLP and LCD), the fact Argos are starting to stock 'em can only be another indication that they will start to become more mainstream.

In terms of these particular units the price looks steep for the TX10 (considering you can get the TX100 for not much more) and the other one is 4:3 hence not ideal for HC...PJ

4. Jenn

Jenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    There's nothing great about this projector at this price: it's an old model that has been discontinued months ago and been replaced with the PJLC7.
    The PJLC5 used to sell around £650 or so just before it got discontinued which makes me believe the new model should sell around that price now, so not a great saving for an obsolete machine. :rolleyes: