Arghhhhhhhh HDMI Issue. New ones needed 10 meter plus. Help please

twodollar69

Hi all
Just installed my new 77inch LG cx oled, and now the hdmi cables have decided to give up at the same time.

I have my sky q box and Nuc running through my Sony Strdn1080 amp..

Can anyone offer some guidance on some decent HDMI s to get at 10 or 11 meters?

Ideally I'm after 2 of them and budget isn't massive.

My cables go from lounge into attic and back down in the walls (in conduit) Another limitation I have is I can't have the fat braided wires as the conduit isn't very big.

Ideally looking to use earc functions too.

Any advice greatly appreciated as I havent too much of a clue. (in UK)

Thanks all

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hybrid Fibre is the way to go for running 4K UHD, HDR, DV, etc at 10m and longer.

eARC is possible though some of the Active cables may not support it - always best to test your system before you 'install' the cable.

Hybrid Fibre is much thinner and more flexible than a regular HDMI cable - though still requires careful handling, no sharp bends and no 'pulling' using the HDMI connector or you risk pulling the connector off of the cable.

HDMI connectors on 'active' cables, such as Hybrid Fibre, are usually a little longer than a conventional hood as they have to house the required opto electronics.

HDFury have 10m (4K) and 20m (8K) capable Hybrid Fibre cables with a low profile connector and will support eARC.

See - HDFury | Official UK Reseller

Joe

twodollar69

Hybrid Fibre is the way to go for running 4K UHD, HDR, DV, etc at 10m and longer.

eARC is possible though some of the Active cables may not support it - always best to test your system before you 'install' the cable.

Hybrid Fibre is much thinner and more flexible than a regular HDMI cable - though still requires careful handling, no sharp bends and no 'pulling' using the HDMI connector or you risk pulling the connector off of the cable.

HDMI connectors on 'active' cables, such as Hybrid Fibre, are usually a little longer than a conventional hood as they have to house the required opto electronics.

HDFury have 10m (4K) and 20m (8K) capable Hybrid Fibre cables with a low profile connector and will support eARC.

See - HDFury | Official UK Reseller

Joe
Thanks @Joe Fernand . Sadly that cable is a little over my budget .
are you aware of any other cable options ? Budget max £50-£60

Had any experience with this ?

Thanks

Jamie

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As per the guidance with any active HDMI cable please ensure you test it thoroughly before you install it - ideally run it for a day or two with every Source device you have and a try all signal formats you wish to support.

Note these cables are directional - follow the Source > Display labelling which is usually printed on the HDMI connectors.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom