Arghhhhh now what!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Nordictat2girl, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Nordictat2girl

Nordictat2girl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Again, we have problems with our Sky+ box!

A few months back...our sky box had some issues:
    Alot of the channels weren't coming in and saying no Sat. being received!

We had tried the various things you do..such as swapping the wires in the back, force an update , hubby went outside and checked the LNB and wires etc. etc and nothing seemed to work. Then one day (after about 3 weeks of this BS) out of no where it just started working again and worked fine!
    That is until last week..I noticed any program I set to record...wouldn't record and said "clashed" Now keep in mind I did only have the one program at that time and not 2 programs at the same time so I thought to myself..hmmm that is surely not right! I smelled trouble brewing.
    So....over the weekend the same problem is back...most channels are out and saying no signal is being received!!! :mad: Tried rebooting...etc and nothing has really changed :confused:

I never had this kinda problem really when we had regular Sky all this started after Sky+ last year...Grrrrrrrrr!

Oh and being I am not in the area (UK)..I can NOT call sky so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this?!?! Anyone? :lease:

Cheers!

2. markshark

markshark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only practical advice I can think of (without you having to try and get a new Sky+ box to make sure it isn't that) is to make sure the dish is aligned properly and wasn't moved when the new LNB was installed?

3. Nordictat2girl

Nordictat2girl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hiya Mark...

All that stuff has been checked and honestly. We have no clue what it could be! :confused: Thought at first it was the box but if it was...why would the problem just go away and then come back some weeks later? Makes no bloody sense! Arghhhhhhh!

4. joshua_bond

joshua_bond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Was it a particularly sunny day (i.e direct sunshine) on the dish. I had similar probs with sky. I changed the LNB (quick and easy) and presto! I thought that the elements heated up and gave me a signal error code.