ARGHHH Im goign crazy trying to connect to the internet

dave1de

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After all morning of trying to get the thing to obtain the IP address, it finally did. And I can test the connection ok.

But now when I go on the web browser, i put in a site, it connects ok, then when loading the site an error message pops up saying it cannot connect to the server.

ARGHHH please somebody help me.

Have you looked in the proxy settings in the web browser? This should be set to no proxy if you connect with most broadband routers or the IP address of the computer you connect through to get to the internet.

Your not using a WIFI Max by any chance are you? - I wasted a lifetime trying to get my psp to connect through that and had the same problem. The IP adress was recognised but connection failed and I was told to check my security settings although my firewall was turned off and WEP was disabled?? :eek:

Yes I am!

Now it wont even obtain the IP address. It is winding me up so much!

thought it might! Well after a week of trying I sold mine on ebay and made a fiver profit! If its any consolation I managed to get the psp connected to the net using a university network and it was'nt as good as I was hoping...you have to type every letter in using a keypad and cursor, its painfully slow. My advice is sell it, or use it as an access point for a laptop or pc. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom