1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARGHHH! Headphones nicked, wot to get as replacement

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by clarkyb, Apr 23, 2005.

1. clarkyb

clarkyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    someone nicked my fontopia mdr 71's from my boarding house.
    i have decided there is little chance of getting them back so have to raise some cash to buy more. my requirements are-
    good sound
    good bass
    block external noise,
    not leak much sound,
    they should stay in your ear well even while running.
    the options i am considering are

1. Sennheiser-px100- nice design and ive heard the sound is good, also would be good for running/biking but not for looking cool :D

2. Sony 71's- good bass, nice sound, good noise blocking, i thought they were ok in my ear but may fall out when running?? and ive heard they are not the strongest. best looking of the bunch though

3. Shure E2C- bit pricey, dont leak sound, ggod quality,block all noise but would this be suitable for running as i couldn't hear traffic??? also heard they haev little bass and ive heard the scary story of someones ear drum bursting when they were pulled out???

any other suggestions for headphones under £45

many thanks

2. clarkyb

clarkyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    ive seen the sony's for £23-24 new on ebay
    , senn's for around £23 and the shures for £40 approx

alos for listneing to music through my hifi, would the shures be comfortable and how long is the cable.
    one more question i have a sony extension lead that came with my 71's and but would this reduce sound quality if i plugged it in

manyh thanks (and im sorry for blabbering on :D )

3. flamejob

flamejob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im buyin some inears.. iv discounted the E2c cuz of lack of base.... so im lookin at either the 71s or E3c.

iv heard nightmare storys about the fontopias and their lack of durability.. aparently they sound great with beefy bass and at 25 squidys you cant go wrong.

if they wernt so flimsy lookin and perishable i would snap those up in an instant .... but a guy is knockin out E3c's on ebay for £70.. so im teeterin on snappin those up.

a review on some website heralded the sony 71s as somethin closely resemlin the more expensive models mentioned for noise exclusion and sound quality.. aparently 'they spoil your ears for quality'.. if only sony didnt shoot themselves in the foot by constructin them so crap! its unforgiveable!

4. clarkyb

clarkyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    thanks, ive heard the bass is poor on the e2c's but can anyone confirm this
    i had the 71's and they were good, but not fantastic (easily buy them again though)

5. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    The bass certainly is not poor, the E2C definitely sounds much better than the EX71 to me.

6. pharris007

pharris007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi

Sony just brought out a replacement for the EX71, aptly names the EX81.

they are an in-the-ear type of bud like the 71 but have a small band that fits around the back of your ear to prevent them from falling out if you run etc.

They are about 29.99 and available on amazon.

Not heard them myself but looking about on forums they seem to get very good reviews. :thumbsup: