argh sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MrFurious, Mar 28, 2003.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,895
    my second sky+ box has just died on me,went into the epg and tried to record a movie and it turned itself off!!!came back on in about 5 mins and the sky+ system fault apeared,after phoning the helpline and spending 10 minutes trying all their tips and tricks and stil no joy,a new box is on its way next week!i am on the 5 week trial period and hope that i doint get probs like this if i decide to keep it:eek:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    From what I've read aren't all the SKY+ units used for the trial period refurbished models so as not to waste brand new hardware, then if the trial is successful the units are replaced with new SKY+ boxes.

3. Todda

Todda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had Sky + for just under a year now and I have only had one problem. I had a failed recording in the first week.

Since then it has ran perfectly.

It's been worth every penny of the extra £10 I pay a month.

4. dave richardson

dave richardson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree. I've had it for around 7/8 months and not had a single problem.:clap:

5. Jim Blackler

Jim Blackler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I think forums like this can give the impression that everyone has problems... it's simply not the case.

I've had Sky+ for nearly 18 months now and problems are very rare.

I think that when people have problems with their boxes (like the guy on the other thread who wants to sue Sky) they think these problems are universal. They're not. Many (most?) people have very few failed recordings. I can't remember my failed recording. And the series links work pretty well these days.

6. sparkz

sparkz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know who you are refering to but I started a thread back in Nov about the problems I've had over the last 20 months. If it was you're certainly one for making assumptions. I certainly never said or implied that everyone had these problems. I'd never make a statement that "many (most?) people having very few failed recordings". How do you know this exactly?

For me, this is not about everyone having problems but the few of us who and the lack of effort Sky are making to sorting them out!

I really don't care if you have problems or not. What I do care about is the fact I've had problems since Aug 2001 and Sky have done very little to address them. I would like to think it's a simple case of faulty box but they haven't they replaced mine. I've certainly given them enough opportunities.

7. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,895
    I am on my 4th box now,how long will this one last i dont know?sky told me that all the boxes they send are brand new!!the engineers how came to my house said they have had loads going wrong at the moment,sky also said that if i decide to keep sky+after my 5 week trial that i keep the box that is there now not a new one.

8. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats strange I`m the same as Todda failed recording in the first week since then its been fine .

Although it has for some reason changed the name from The Office to Gillette Soccer Saturday on an episode of The Office which is quite crazy but funny .

9. Brigadeer

Brigadeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After writing letters and numerous phone calls - Sky finally gave me a NEW style SKY+ Pace box on Saturday as replacement for my non-functioning recon box. Result !!! It pays to be persistent !!!

10. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    My sk+ is coming may 11 will I be getting the new box?

11. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,895
    I just finished the 5 wek trial and bought the box even though i have had loads of trouble with it,i don't get the new shape box though,should i????

12. rulett

rulett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mr furious,did you pay for the install,or did you try haggaling as its already in.i'm also on the 5 week trial and i think i would like to keep it for £199 but i wonder how we would fair if we agreed to buy but not pay for the install as its saving sky the cost of uninstalling.

13. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,895
    I had to pay the 50quid installation fee,no room for negotiation,but if you get away with not paying it please let me know and i'll ask for a refund:D