1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARGH! Problem with rgb(scart) input on Z1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Cheddies, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Cheddies

Cheddies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now, i have recently (ie today) switched from Composite (eurgh) to an RGB scart - vga input on my z1

all seemed fine, picture looked better BUT then i noticed on my dvd players 'loading/nodisk' screen that the bottom 10% of the screen was a wraparound of the top 10% (see picture 1)
    Picture 1 (i apologise for the quality of the pic but its broad daylight)

now when i put in a dvd and it starts playing (i have only tested this with one dvd admittedly) it is fine and takes up the whole screen (see pic 2)
    Picture 2

ok i thought... no biggie .. so i turn on my xbox.. and all seemd fine (pic 3)
    Picture 3

UNTIL the game loads (in this case rocky) and again i see the bottom 10% is cut off/looping another part of the picture (picture 4)
    Picture 4

ok, now in between going from the normal 'full screen' mode to the mode with the bottom cut off/showing a random image the screen goes blue for a second or two as if it is switching aspect ratio. I have tried setting the xbox to normal widescreen AND letterbox mode, it made no difference except that in normal the bottom bar stayed black and dodnt show anything, it just stays black and the rest of the image is squashed at the top.

this is doing my nut in
    HELP ME!
    Thanks for your time
    Eddie

2. Cheddies

Cheddies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to add, when i was using composite i had none of these problems, the projector dsplayed full screen all the time no matter what imput i used (unless it was 4:3) then it was squared off... never seen it chop a chunk off the bottom
    the annoying thing is things like the Xbox menu (ie the xbox with no disk) displays full screen, fine, no problem, as does shrek 2. The dvd menu doesnt and nor do xbox games... its baffling me

3. Cheddies

Cheddies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blargh seems its a problem with pal 60hz (on the xbox) turn this off and it goes full screen again.... anyone had any experiance of this?

4. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Similar problems have been reported with PAL-60 (Dreamcast and xbox) using an AE700 projector.