ARGH ! I have a stuck coloured pixel on my brand new PV500 !

OK, I have managed to take some photos of the stuck pixel. Apologies for the large images but it was the only way I could get to show it.

StuckPixel1.jpg

StuckPixel2.jpg

StuckPixel3.jpg

StuckPixel4.jpg

Is this a stuck pixel ? Or is it dead ?

HAS ANYBODY ELSE SEEN OR HEARD OF A STUCK PIXEL ON A PV500 ? Or am I the first one ?!?!?!?!?

:suicide:

Mal, don't tempt me mate, that is my next option !

I would say its stuck as dead would show no colours..

I used to have a few stuck pixels on my TFT at home, one day it just dissapeared, i've heard about playing fast paced images on the screen can sometimes fix them and the only thing I could think of was that I started playing Unreal tournament 2003 and Battlefield 2 alot, it was an annoying bright blue dot.

Also i've had a few on a laptop which have been rubbed out by massaging the screen as already suggested.

There is a lovely red one smack bang in the middle of my PSP screen too, i've tried rubbing it through the plastic but cannot seem to get it to go away. I will try the pixel fixing video clip thing on my PSP using a converter but it seems that the converter crashes every time i try, probably because its an MP4, not sure though.

The file is here if you want to try it

http://www.widowpc.com/2005/08/fix_dead_pixels.php

Thanks Jim for that. It says it is for LCD screens, will it do the same job on a plasma ? Would it do any damage if I ran this slideshow for 30 mins or so ?

Under normal viewing from 10' or so away, it is hardly noticeable unless the background is white and you really look for it but I know it is there and that is driving me mad.

As for your PSP, give this a try : http://hackinhavok.com/PixelX/

Ive had a 37PV500 for 2 weeks now. Love the set very much.

Was looking thru the forum and saw this thread, so checked mine out. Theres a quiz ad on E4 (ch 14 just press red button) its got a white background, so i thought id be nosey. Yep, i got a stuck/dead pixel too. Not much to worry about tho, i dont think. Its a dim yellow colour and cant be seen on a dark background, or white very much.

Will it get worse tho?

John, sorry to hear that but like you said, it can't be seen on dark backgrounds from a normal viewing distance away.

Any chance you could take a photo of it ?

There ya go. It looks much worse on my camera phone. Not as dark in real time light.

Attachments

• DeadPix2.JPG
    DeadPix2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 81
If that is green it is classed as a dead pixel I was told by Panasonic and Currys so you may be able to get a replacement if you wanted. That is what I was told anyway.

He said that because my stuck pixel was not green or black it was within spec.

If it is green, it is a very light green.

Can a pixel be stuck on ANY colour ? I thought it was only Red, Green, Blue or Black ?

I don't pretend to know much about this.

I aint got a clue. Im new to this plasma stuff lol.

Anyone out there who knows, let us know? lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom