1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argghhh my 435XDE doesn't work!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ronak-T2, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Ronak-T2

Ronak-T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a 435 XDE, and set it up yesterday. Upon turning it on, both the media box and screen's standby lights go green. The picture on the screen appears to come on, (slightly brighter then pitch black !) and then after about 10 seconds, a "click" can be heard from the screen where upon the screen goes completely dark (back to pitch black), and switches the media box back to standby (red light) the screen's standby light stays green but flashing. Any ideas anyone? :lease:

2. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    The exact same thing happens to my 504, if I turn the panel on, with the Sky receiver left on. I have to turn Sky on last, otherwise the media box and panel go into standby.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    That's still a fault of some sort, sounds like power supply. It seems that 95% of plasma faults are PS related, call your supplier and explain the problem.

4. Ronak-T2

Ronak-T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have no other items connect to my set up, and the problem still occurs. Will call up Pioneer/dealer tomorrow. Hope it's a simple cure!

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Simple, yeah. Send it back.

6. Ronak-T2

Ronak-T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke to Pioneer, and they offered to either repair/replace it, went for the replace option, so hopefully it'll all be sorted by the end of the week!

7. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a 504 with exactly the same problem. Is there any known fix? Posted on here before but no reply.

I've had my screen ISF calibrated so replacing the media box is a no-no as I'd have to get it calibrated all over again.

Mat