1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARGGHHH- Is There No Way Round This

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Anastie, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I need some urgent advice. I ordered my Sky+ mid January (Thanks CLIVEG) and agreed with Sky that I would pay the additional tenner and have the old digibox moved into the kids room for freeview.

I have just discovered after the Sky+ etc was installed on Sunday that I can no longer get a freeview card. Does this not mean Sky have mislead me? What comeback do I have or is my best and only option to sell my Standard digibox on EBay or AVForums?

I rang sky and they told me NO you missed the deadline but as they did not inform me cant I get some comeback?

Thanks

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Did the Sky+ come with it's own card ? I though that lapsed Sky Digital cards reverted to FTV status thus your old one might work (?).

Mike.

3. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    No the engineer got my old card activated for the Sky+. I feel that Sky have mislead me :(

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY have never issued FTV cards directly so they could not supply you with one in any case.
    The BBC used to arrange FTV cards and then a group of broadcasters reintroduced the FTV cards for a limited period late last year ending Jan 31st.

While the SKY CS might have been in a position to inform you of the deadline for aquiring a FTV card they can not be held responsible for a seperate organisation removing the supply on a pre advertised date.
    The relocated digibox is still capable of receiving the BBC channels and the other FTA channels and if £10 is that big a deal then spend another couple of quid on the phone trying to get it back.

5. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    No its not that big a deal it was the principle but I now understand that for the sake of a tenner its a lesson learned.

I still like my Sky+ though.