• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

aRENT SPEAKER CABLES VASTLY OVERPRICED

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
eviljohn2 said:
Speaker cables are definitely overpriced in most places, but remember that you need to be looking at the bottom half of that page for wire of a thick enough gauge to handle some of the more powerful amplifiers out there.

Yeah , I just bought a Harman Kardon pm 650 ( apparently about 70 Watts) and some exterior speakers. Probably will need a pair of cables about 20 mtrs long I would think.What sort of gauge would you think I'd need? 2.5 mm or 4 mm? :)

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
eviljohn2 said:
Conductors with a diameter of 2.5m^2 will be plenty. :)

Thanks for that. Dont know if Ive done right but I bought a pair of plant pot speakers from ajbaudio called Tubthumpers. I bought them on a whim and have no idea whether they'll be suitable or not. Time will tell :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom