Arendal Sound Subwoofers - Owners & Discussion

Thanks for the picture. Its very big but very beautiful.
I think the 2V is to big for my livingroom / wife.
Maybe I make a cardboard mockup of the 2V to test it.

Looks the business, how's it sounding now?

Since I changed it to Ref Mode ON it has definitely sounded better. I should have time to mess around with it later today. I have just been watching some clips. I dont get chest slam at all but that can be from placement etc. Need to get a umik and mess around with REW. Also pick up a mini dsp. I think I might need to get isolation feet for it. It doesnt slide around but it causes a lot of rattling in my room where when I use the isolation feet on all previous subs it stopped.

Really hard to compare to all my previous subs that I had duals of. Might need to pick up a second one. I dunno if I agree with Sparechange that this outperforms his pb16s but like I said I dont have duals or rew to mess around with currently.

Thanks for the picture. Its very big but very beautiful.
I think the 2V is to big for my livingroom / wife.
Maybe I make a cardboard mockup of the 2V to test it.
Definitely try to find a box or something to visualize it. I knew the measurements etc but it wasn't until I took it out of the box was I like wow that is pretty big. Im used to the size now but initially I thought it was a lot bigger than I measured.

It is big but to me is smaller than the pb16 which is just so deep and wide.

Since I changed it to Ref Mode ON it has definitely sounded better. I should have time to mess around with it later today. I have just been watching some clips. I dont get chest slam at all but that can be from placement etc. Need to get a umik and mess around with REW. Also pick up a mini dsp. I think I might need to get isolation feet for it. It doesnt slide around but it causes a lot of rattling in my room where when I use the isolation feet on all previous subs it stopped.

Really hard to compare to all my previous subs that I had duals of. Might need to pick up a second one. I dunno if I agree with Sparechange that this outperforms his pb16s but like I said I dont have duals or rew to mess around with currently.

not much of a benefit with a minidsp if you only have one sub unless you’re planning on using bassEQ.

On a separate note I’m currently down to 2 subs instead of my normal 4 whilst I wait for delivery of my new ones, I’ve got to say, I can’t tell any difference from my MLP, I get an identical response also after I compensated 6db of gain, so probably wasted some cash by having 4.......

I now have a XTZ 12.17 Edge with my 5 speakers of the 1723s serie. And I am looking voor a upgrade and to make te set compleet.

But the 2V is not een option anymore. It’s big but a compleet no go for my wife.

Now the options are the 1V or 2S.

Tough one. Isn't the 2S almost the same size as the 2V ?

No the 2S is a lot smaller. Sizes are:

2V 71.2H x 50.0W x 60.9D cm
1V 63.7H x 45.0W x 55.0D cm
2S 54.2H x 42.0W x 50.0D cm
1S 49.2H x 33.5W x 45.0D cm

Not only that but the weight difference is big too.

2V is 60.1 Kg
2S is 41,4 Kg (It's lighter than the SVS SB-4000)

not much of a benefit with a minidsp if you only have one sub unless you’re planning on using bassEQ.

On a separate note I’m currently down to 2 subs instead of my normal 4 whilst I wait for delivery of my new ones, I’ve got to say, I can’t tell any difference from my MLP, I get an identical response also after I compensated 6db of gain, so probably wasted some cash by having 4.......

The minidsp and the magic you did on it with my bk monolith saved me £2000+ as afterwards, I've been fairly satisified to not have to upgrade whilst before I was itching to.

Here is a pic for you

Thanks for the picture Quorra.
Looks fantastic, the 1723 Tower suddenly doesn’t look that big anymore! Also reminded me again how nice the Matte colour is, I was starting to lean towards the gloss towers but this has taken my doubt away.:smashin:
Hope to be ordering 1723 Towers and perhaps S center end of next week.

Last edited:
anymore feedback on the new subs? Mine are arriving tomorrow, so should be able to start giving some impressions by the weekend.

So you guys raised the sub volume in audyssey ? I have to check again but I believe audyssey set the sub level at -5.5 which usually is what my SVS subs were around .. -6 on one and -7 on the other but I would check the gain on the sub instead of in audyssey,
When I ran Audyssey a couple of weeks back with my new 2S it set it up as -8.5 which didn’t seem right to me? It also set my Towers as large but I was informed the Towers should be set Small if you are running a sub, is this right? 👍

When I ran Audyssey a couple of weeks back with my new 2S it set it up as -8.5 which didn’t seem right to me?

This isn´t issue and i would say lot of people aim for -6 to -10db post Audussey to get bit more headroom to run hotter safely. So now just sit on couch and don´t touch the subwoofer settings anymore, go to Denon menu and lower that -8,5db toward 0db to find the sweet spot for you. 3-6db is enough usually so -5,5db to -2,5db.

PS. Even SVS article says; The desired AVR subwoofer channel level after running auto-set-up is in the -8 to -4 range (typically on a scale of -12 to +12).

When I ran Audyssey a couple of weeks back with my new 2S it set it up as -8.5 which didn’t seem right to me? It also set my Towers as large but I was informed the Towers should be set Small if you are running a sub, is this right? 👍
Yes run your towers as small when you have a sub. Audyssey always seems to set towers as large so you have to go in afterwards and switch them to small.

I’ll switch it up a little, my Towers, Center & Surrounds are all set to small at the moment, what do you guys run your speakers at? Small or Large?

I’ll switch it up a little, my Towers, Center & Surrounds are all set to small at the moment, what do you guys run your speakers at? Small or Large?

Small unless you arent running subs then I would run the towers only as large.

Mine is set to small as I have a sub. In the 2 channel settings on my demon x4500 my kef q350s are set to large for stereo playback as ill run them full range.

Which two have you removed?

One front left and one rear right is best in my similar sized room.

it gives me an identical response going the opposite corners but this was was easier to remove my old ones first.

Last 2 being collected next week.

Arendals uk based distribution centre 🤣🤣🤣
CBA234DC-5C31-40A8-B799-BAA224FC308D.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom