Arendal Sound Subwoofers - Owners & Discussion

I am liking the look of the new series, might be tempted with the sealed unit me thinks

Incredibly trivial question for Arendal sub owners: can you take the badge off without leaving visible signs of having done so?

Incredibly trivial question for Arendal sub owners: can you take the badge off without leaving visible signs of having done so?

Although I didn’t attempt to, I don’t think they are removable and would most likely cause some surface damage if you tried.

OK, that's handy, thanks. Trivial as it sounds, that would actually affect location options in my living room.

Couldn't resist the Sub 3 on eBay :)

REW says one sub performs better than two at the MLP (the only place I care about), so hopefully the Sub 3 will outperform my two V12s.

Can somebody please tell me the height of the pucks/feet for the Arendal subs? I have some SVS Soundpath Isolation feet that I may swap out. How do the Arendal pucks compare? Are they similar material? Is it worth swapping or shall I sell the SVS feet? Thanks.

Can somebody please tell me the height of the pucks/feet for the Arendal subs? I have some SVS Soundpath Isolation feet that I may swap out. How do the Arendal pucks compare? Are they similar material? Is it worth swapping or shall I sell the SVS feet? Thanks.
As you already have the SVS Soundpath isolation I would swap them
or wait till you get the subs then decide

As you already have the SVS Soundpath isolation I would swap them
or wait till you get the subs then decide

Hi mate, how’s are they new subs sounding now they’ve been dialled in?

Hi mate, how’s are they new subs sounding now they’ve been dialled in?
Hi Mark
I haven't had much time to watch films mostly demo clips
I did watch "Joker" though brilliant movie with a very good Dolby Atmos mix
the subs sounded excellent
thanks again for your help in dialing things in :thumbsup:

The Arendal feet are tiny by comparison if it's the size of them that matters. As for any benefits in using the SVS feet, your best bet is to give them a go and then you can assess any differences.

The Arendal feet are tiny by comparison if it's the size of them that matters. As for any benefits in using the SVS feet, your best bet is to give them a go and then you can assess any differences.

It is hard to explain,but i will be placing two subs in front of a custom made frame on the front wall. My pair of Bookshelf S speakers will be placed on top of the subs,on their sides,on isolation mats. We plan to hide all cables and sockets behind the frame. My brother-in-law is making the frame. He wanted to know the exact height of the subs so the lower frame edge would match in height of everything stacked. He is a perfectionist. I will probably still use the SVS feet.

Ah ok, the specs on the website should be ok to use and if you have a solid floor just keep the original feet.

Ah, so I assume a wooden floor thats open underneath. If thats the case I would give those SVS feet a try out.

Ah, so I assume a wooden floor thats open underneath. If thats the case I would give those SVS feet a try out.

Yes,it is your standard modern house upstairs flooring with chipboard on top of wooden joists. I wish i had it acoustically treated when it was being built, but i can live without that. I can easily hear anything below.

How about a pair of sub3 for the same sort of price? 😉

Selling your subs? The decision has been made for two or three 1723 Sub 1V. The equipment list is laminated now,so no going back. :) Everything is measured up etc. What are you replacing with?

Selling your subs? The decision has been made for two or three 1723 Sub 1V. The equipment list is laminated now,so no going back. :) Everything is measured up etc. What are you replacing with?

Not actively, but will probably replace them with the new 2s when they’re released.

Not sure if I’ll get any benefit though as due to positioning.

Just thought I’d ask as the question....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom