Arendal Sound Subwoofers - Owners & Discussion

looks more like a satin finish,really shouldn't follow these threads.:facepalm:

I know another member who is also going with two of the matte black versions of these!! as he wasn't really happy with his first twin sub choice.

You've really struck gold with the finish; it looks like a system which has been deliberately designed, if that makes sense? Bet those Arendal speakers would look nice too :devil: :D

They look great, let us know what adjustments you are going to make, phase and if one is different EQ to get a fuller range etc.

Like I said in my thoughts yesterday, this isn't the best sub in the world, but I've really been enjoying putting this through its paces. I played the opening of Batman Under The Red Hood last night a reference level, with all channels switched off except the bass. I did this to try and find the resonances in the room, as they've been plaguing me since I got the Arendal.

My wife left the room as the bass made her feel sick :laugh: Cabinet completely inert. Pounding bass waves. And one horrible resonance located :D (it was one of the catches vibrating against the metal holder....very annoying!).

I also watched Hellboy @ -10db last night. Now I've tweaked my system even further since I installed the sub. I'm now running about 2db hot, and I've turned the transducer down even further...I'm in bass heaven :) The low end in this movie is fabulous, and there's a real visceral punch when our red friend starts getting in scraps :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom