Arendal Sound 1723 Series Speakers

Got some feedback on facebook... going with the smaller ones :)
It's quite apparent the group is doing well. There is certainly more experienced users on there, and you will get opinions based on facts.

You will also find that Jan & Thomas from Arendal Sound chip in fron time to time to clarify, and give their advice based on fact not to mention giving the heads up on new products before launch etc.

I believe the Arendal Sound UK Ambassador is on there with his awesome trinnov based arendal system.

Arron......assume you are enjoying your new Tower S for music ;)

I believe the Arendal Sound UK Ambassador is on there with his awesome trinnov based arendal system.
If you’re referring to me, then yep I’m on there as well.

If anyone wants a listen to what they sound like in a dedicated room, just send me a message 👍🏻

I went for the Satin Black, it just looks absolute class and I’m sure they look even better to the naked eye.
I went for the Satin Black, it just looks absolute class and I’m sure they look even better to the naked eye.
Satin Black looks far better than i ever expected.
4EDC0B6A-ECE7-4EC5-804F-9A05762E0769.jpeg
1777D787-08E1-49C4-B523-D519B7705A28.jpeg
4D6BA83C-B45E-40E0-9539-57FE71710D3F.jpeg

Yeah its pretty much what I want a speaker to look like looks-wise.. and sound wise.

They've really outdone themselves.

The soundstage on every song is just... right.

Just watched Avatar on these and it was incredible. Every single down, detail, crunching of branches was phenomenal. Can't wait for the surrounds to get here. TBH my KEF Q100 booksehlves did a very good job in this film.

I take it thats the Left ?

The badge is magnetic and if you feel along one of the long edges of the grille, you'll feel a little indent half way along, that's were the badge can sit.

I take it thats the Left ?

The badge is magnetic and if you feel along one of the long edges of the grille, you'll feel a little indent half way along, that's were the badge can sit.

you can take the badge off???

mmm, I’m not so sure about that. They’re a neutral speaker, very revealing and dynamic. No doubt very difficult to go and listen to though.

This is an Arendal thread so I’ll keep it short. I demo’d the ATC SCM11 today and bought a pair in Satin Black. Running them in as we speak. In my view and my ears this one is quicker, more dynamic and more open than the Arendal 1723 Bookshelf S.

Thanks for your input and post, who sells them and where can I get a demo?

Think I'll get a home loan to try those out.

What models do you own??
Welcome across from the Arcam thread.

The place to get demos is from existing owners. Arendal only sell direct to the consumer from Norway. This means that there are no dealer margins and you get a better quality product for the price.

The way the home trial works is that you buy the speakers, and you have a 60-day return window. Arendal arrange collection and the shipping fee is capped at 149 euro. It's a slightly different way of doing it but to my knowledge only one person on this forum has ever done this for the speakers.

My signature has my setup. 1723 Tower S, Surround S, a pair of Bookshelf S and a Sub 2.

This thread has most of the answers you'll be seeking, but feel free to ask away.

Yes, they really are that good! The Towers and Monitors are leagues above what you'll see on the high street for under £4k.

Last edited:
Welcome across from the Arcam thread.

The place to get demos is from existing owners. Arendal only sell direct to the consumer from Norway. This means that there are no dealer margins and you get a better quality product for the price.

The way the home trial works is that you buy the speakers, and you have a 60-day return window. Arendal arrange collection and the shipping fee is capped at 149 euro. It's a slightly different way of doing it but to my knowledge only one person on this forum has ever done this for the speakers.

My signature has my setup. 1723 Tower S, Surround S, a pair of Bookshelf S and a Sub 2.

This thread has most of the answers you'll be seeking, but feel free to ask away.

Yes, they really are that good! The Towers and Monitors are leagues above what you'll see on the high street for under £4k.

Hi all thanks for the welcome and tip mate, this is a new brand to me so I know very little about them....

Would to hear or demo a pair, do they have their own sound signature like B&W?

Hi all thanks for the welcome and tip mate, this is a new brand to me so I know very little about them....

Would to hear or demo a pair, do they have their own sound signature like B&W?
Lots say that they are quite neutral and allow the amp to do its thing perfectly. I find them to be very slightly warmer than the Dali and B&W 702s which is great because I found them to be quite bright and brittle with the AVR850.

The previous best before heading Arendal were the KEF R7 for me. But the 1723 Tower S was another level entirely. Such presence and deft bass handling and a room-filling soaring upper range, without being bright. They aren't too picky about placement, but the Towers do enjoy about 20cm from side and rear walls to breathe.

For music the 1723 Towers and Tower S genuinely don't need a sub.

To summarise the majority of owner's journeys in the past 195 pages:

1) these look great, but I'm worried I can't listen to them before buying
2) ah the 60-day returns policy is very good and gives a safety net in case I don't want them
3) wow, Arendals are unbelievable! No way are they going back.

Last edited:
Hey guys, this is my room. Am I safe putting the surround s just a little bit ahead of where my bookshelf’s are atm? (Aka on the side wall)

I’m concerned if I’ll lose a bit of that Dolby atmos direction due to the tweeter not being angled but similarly I hate the bookshelf always knocking into someone’s head lol.

YEah I shove my sofa closer to the screen sometimes... (a lot of the time) due to not having a projector anymore).

Last edited:
Thought photos were attached

Attachments

• CDC45928-B55E-481D-9E21-033F7FB89EA9.jpeg
    CDC45928-B55E-481D-9E21-033F7FB89EA9.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 8F3C4F31-D76C-447F-9594-AFD3765187FA.jpeg
    8F3C4F31-D76C-447F-9594-AFD3765187FA.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 102
This is an Arendal thread so I’ll keep it short. I demo’d the ATC SCM11 today and bought a pair in Satin Black. Running them in as we speak. In my view and my ears this one is quicker, more dynamic and more open than the Arendal 1723 Bookshelf S.

Glad you found what you were looking for :lesson:

Am I right in thinking you have some 1723 Monitor(s) S too? Be curious for your thoughts on how they compare?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom