Arendal Sound 1723 Series Speakers

I’m looking to do a slight change to the layout of my room, along the front.
It’s going to mean another Anti-Mode run and another ARC calibration. Nooooooo :laugh:

Do you find significant difference in running anti-mode alongside ARC ? Thought ARC, Audyseey XT32 was good enough to run without anti-mode, or i'm wrong?

Do you find significant difference in running anti-mode alongside ARC ? Thought ARC, Audyseey XT32 was good enough to run without anti-mode, or i'm wrong?

Yes. It helps considerably in smoothing out the response even further pre the AVR’s EQ. In this case, Anthem ARC. At least it doesn’t throw a duvet over the subs.

Yes. It helps considerably in smoothing out the response even further pre the AVR’s EQ. In this case, Anthem ARC. At least it doesn’t throw a duvet over the subs.

Do you run it after or before ARC calibration ? And which antimode do you use ?

I would if I could, while keeping the room in balance as well. I reckon there’s nothing that can beat them for the price, or even circa 3 times the price. And when that’s x 2, that’s a whole load ‘o’ money.

No room to stack unfortunately.

And I think Dual Subwoofer 3’s is plenty enough :D
I still love the fact you are now running a pair of large dual driver subwoofers. A few years ago most people on these forums shuddered at the sight of these kinds of things, and its awesome to see people now realising what these kinds of subs are capable of.

Last edited:
I still love the fact you are now running a pair of large dual driver subwoofers. A few years ago most people on these forums shuddered at the sight of these kinds of things, and its awesome to see people now realising what these kinds of subs are capable of.

Really? Plenty with dedicated rooms had large subs from what I can remember.

I think you’re probably right. I love these being all big and beastly like :D

I’m considering a slight change to the front layout of my system. Thinking of moving each of the Sub 3’s toward the AV rack, so pushing them more toward the centre and each other. Then putting the Monitors onto the official stands.

Thoughts anyone ?

Would that mean putting the monitors closer to the corners to make it all fit?
I seem to remember that your frequency response looks pretty darn good as it is, so you're just looking for a change? :D

I miss my Sub 3's.

I’m considering a slight change to the front layout of my system. Thinking of moving each of the Sub 3’s toward the AV rack, so pushing them more toward the centre and each other. Then putting the Monitors onto the official stands.

Thoughts anyone ?

I'd go the other way. Subs nearer the side walls, Monitors on the inside of the Subs. Gives the Monitors a bit more breathing space away from the walls.

Would that mean putting the monitors closer to the corners to make it all fit?
I seem to remember that your frequency response looks pretty darn good as it is, so you're just looking for a change? :D

I miss my Sub 3's.

If the Monitors did have to move, it would be slightly further out to the side, not back and it would be by 25-50mm or so. And you’re right about the frequency response, it is pretty good to be fair.

The Sub 3’s just fit under the screen nicely.

Of course the other alternative is to leave it all alone :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom