Arendal 1723 S THX 5.1 Speaker Package Review & Comments

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Having got 2 x sub 3s in my setup, I wish I could fit these in....they’re just too big for the spaces I have available.

Venrith

Great review of the "smaller" arendals. Did you test them with the LCR backs against a wall? The reason I ask is that I don't have space to leave a gap at the rear and I am wondering if a speaker system that's designed to be sealed like the XTZ Cinema might be better?

StratManSi

Very nice I'm sure but I wish you would put the price at the top - reading reviews of kit I can't afford should be a choice and not a magical mystery tour ending in disappointment!

Earthscope

Just got delivered (2 x 1723 Sub 1) from them, and first thing you notice is the build quality. Just superb.
Sound wise, they go low, and tight, with more than enough power for my room to rattle my windows, and scare the dog...:eek::laugh: Very impressed!!!
Top customer service and reasonable pricing for what you are getting I think.
Thanks for the review Steve.....:)

Lesmor

Distinguished Member
Great review for the S series speakers
Having owned the full size 1723 monitors,surrounds and 2x Sub'3s since they were originally released two years ago the 1723S would be tempting to be used as wides along with the Denon X85400 for a 9.2.4 Atmos system

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Did i miss a price in the review ?

cyberzent

Own a complete set of AS and now building in the last missing key with Atmos and must say I am still amazed how much value you get from these speakers. Having heard home theatre setup wich cost 10-15 times more and still prefer the sound in my room I know the AS has done some great things. Highly appreciated and recommended!

Khazul

I have to say I do really like the look of these especially in black - they really look like they mean business :)

DodgeTheViper

@Steve Withers

That’s a great review Steve :smashin:

While you have inserted the prices under the Specs section in the review. Could you put pricing at the top please.

Cheers

Lesmor

Distinguished Member
and the price is?

There's no price listed in the review.
Really you are the second person to think that
prices are stated in the review as

Monitors S €1,599 a pair with a matte finish or €1,699 for the gloss version.
Centre €799 for a single speaker in the matte version or €849 for a gloss finish.
Surrounds €1,599 for a pair with a matte finish or €1,699 for a pair in gloss.
Sub 1 €899 with a matte finish or €949 for the gloss version.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Really you are the second person to think that
prices are stated in the review as

Monitors S €1,599 a pair with a matte finish or €1,699 for the gloss version.
Centre €799 for a single speaker in the matte version or €849 for a gloss finish.
Surrounds €1,599 for a pair with a matte finish or €1,699 for a pair in gloss.
Sub 1 €899 with a matte finish or €949 for the gloss version.
Since when do we use Euros in the UK? Besides which, a price is ordinarily posted at the top of a review on the right, just below the top image. The prices given are only relative to individual constituent parts, yet the review appears to be in relation to a 5.1 package someone would buy as a 5.1 package?

An example of this can be seen here:
snapshot001.jpg

XTZ Spirit Series 5.1 Speaker Package Review

Last edited:

Lesmor

Distinguished Member
@dante01
Something to take up with Steve
but I am sure those who are interested can convert Euro to Sterling and total up with a calculator
The thread would need to be updated daily to account for exchange rate fluctuations

dante01

Distinguished Member
The combined price for the components reviewed (5.1 speaker package) would be €4,596. This equates to as near as damn it £4,007.

The package would consist of:
1723 Subwoofer 1
2x 1723 Surround S
2x 1723 Monitor S
1723 Centre S

All in matte black. If wanting a Gloss finish then add another £261 to the price.

Last edited:

Venrith

The combined price for the components reviewed (5.1 speaker package) would be €4,596. This equates to as near as damn it £4,007.

The package would consist of:
1723 Subwoofer 1
2x 1723 Surround S
2x 1723 Monitor S
1723 Centre S

All in matte black. If wanting a Gloss finish then add another £261 to the price.
ooo I could almost afford that, But then I need to buy an amp too, and ideally an OLED etc etc

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Great review of the "smaller" arendals. Did you test them with the LCR backs against a wall? The reason I ask is that I don't have space to leave a gap at the rear and I am wondering if a speaker system that's designed to be sealed like the XTZ Cinema might be better?
The Arendals are pretty flexible in terms of installation but if you're planning on putting your speakers right up against the wall then you might want to consider the XTZ Cinemas instead.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Very nice I'm sure but I wish you would put the price at the top - reading reviews of kit I can't afford should be a choice and not a magical mystery tour ending in disappointment!
I put the prices further down in the body of the review rather than at the top where I normally would because they are priced in Euros, so the actual UK price will obviously fluctuate.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett