Arendal 1723 dual Sub1S vs SVS Dual SB3000 any thoughts?

Hi All
I know that this thread is a bit old but when I read through it looks to me that all of you seem to be very well informed and I wanted to ask for your help with regards to picking sub.

Just want to say first that my only subs (I know it's laughable) were one from logitech z5550 and one I currently have that came with the setup I use the q acoustic 3060s along with bookshelf setup. I will be getting floor standers soon as it suits my budget plus it will color match, however, I have no idea what sub to pick.

I was planning to get svs pb 1000 pro with the option of going dual down the line as I never (sic) was considering to spent so much money to me on a sub...then I saw reviews for pb 2000, and sb and pb 3000 series...

Im living in Ireland ROI, and prices for svs subs from richer sounds are ok for base models but higher ones seem to be really expensive (compared to US pricing). I want to feel the punch of the bass but also I want it to integrate well with music without boominess.

I'm looking to get something for room 4x4m that plays well with music and movies/games (not sure if going ported or sealed, although the price is a factor).

Then I have found Arendal subs...and to me the new line 1961s or v with prices that include delivery to Ireland seems like a better deal (799 and 999EUR respectively, might strech it to 1723S). I honestly don't know about this brand and reviews seem to be rare online.
Would I be better off with going Arendal or pay more for SVS from Richersounds? (SVS seem to have more reviews etc)

Thanks Gents in advance for the suggestions, I'm really new going into quality subwoofer territory as my exp with subs suggests (and probably audio kit).

That isn't a big room, I'd say dual SB2000 will be more than enough. With Arendel you'll ned to pay VAT and duty.

Personally I'd buy two at the same time, just in case they are no longer made when you want the second.

I've got a SVS SB Ultra 13 (similar to the SB4000) and buying one of these second hand...very rare they turn up on classfieds.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking also at Rel t9i as well as they are on sale from the original price on richersounds they are 799EUR from 999GBP with delivery vs 1099EUR for single svs sb 2000 pro would you say that svs are worth the extra?. I read a lot of things about subs but haven't owned one that goes down to 20hz or below so I cannot say for sure if that is critical for me.

I would love the monolith...not really an option with Ireland in mind...

Hi All
I know that this thread is a bit old but when I read through it looks to me that all of you seem to be very well informed and I wanted to ask for your help with regards to picking sub.

Just want to say first that my only subs (I know it's laughable) were one from logitech z5550 and one I currently have that came with the setup I use the q acoustic 3060s along with bookshelf setup. I will be getting floor standers soon as it suits my budget plus it will color match, however, I have no idea what sub to pick.

I was planning to get svs pb 1000 pro with the option of going dual down the line as I never (sic) was considering to spent so much money to me on a sub...then I saw reviews for pb 2000, and sb and pb 3000 series...

Im living in Ireland ROI, and prices for svs subs from richer sounds are ok for base models but higher ones seem to be really expensive (compared to US pricing). I want to feel the punch of the bass but also I want it to integrate well with music without boominess.

I'm looking to get something for room 4x4m that plays well with music and movies/games (not sure if going ported or sealed, although the price is a factor).

Then I have found Arendal subs...and to me the new line 1961s or v with prices that include delivery to Ireland seems like a better deal (799 and 999EUR respectively, might strech it to 1723S). I honestly don't know about this brand and reviews seem to be rare online.
Would I be better off with going Arendal or pay more for SVS from Richersounds? (SVS seem to have more reviews etc)

Thanks Gents in advance for the suggestions, I'm really new going into quality subwoofer territory as my exp with subs suggests (and probably audio kit).

I think Arendal changed something in the pricing regarding UK customers. The total price is likely very close what you end up paying all in all. @DodgeTheViper can you confirm this, thanks.

I have yet to hear anyone who haven`t been satisfied with the 1961 1S and i have listed it many times here on threads as option and many times via PM. So i have chatted with MANY owners of it. It does have stronger low end than SB2000 Pro which was commented in group test (sound test) which Arendal won and also measurements shows this too. Owners also speak about the great slam it produces! This of course means you will have the woofer placed optimally in room and you would get good in-room response. If in doubt sealed vs. ported you could pick the 1961 1V too cause you can run it sealed aswell and gain more performance due to massive cabinet and this has quite low tuning point, it has rather high output at 16hz still! It can shook your room more no doubt. However if your plan is to add 2nd for smoother in-room response, less localization, overall more room filling bass then two 1S may be the way to go depending how tight you are with space. See below the size difference:

sub1s-1v-jpg.1224067

Last edited:
That isn't a big room, I'd say dual SB2000 will be more than enough. With Arendel you'll ned to pay VAT and duty.

Personally I'd buy two at the same time, just in case they are no longer made when you want the second.

I've got a SVS SB Ultra 13 (similar to the SB4000) and buying one of these second hand...very rare they turn up on classfieds.

He lives in Ireland why would he need to pay vat and duty?

I think Arendal changed something in the pricing regarding UK customers. The total price is likely very close what you end up paying all in all. @DodgeTheViper can you confirm this, thanks.
It looks like they don't strip the VAT out so what you see is what you pay, although it is an estimate. I wouldn't expect much difference though.

It looks like they don't strip the VAT out so what you see is what you pay, although it is an estimate. I wouldn't expect much difference though.
Funny enough I was chatting with Arendal support just earlier :D
(03:43:22 PM) John: Ahhh I see. I assume I would be a subject to import fees?
(03:44:49 PM) Doyle Shafer: Shipping/VAT etc to the UK is all included in the cost displayed at Checkout.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom