Arena Bluetooth headphones

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by kirchoffs, Jul 25, 2018.

1. kirchoffs

kirchoffs
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i hope someone can help.
    I have a Samsung UE65ES8000 TV and a pair of kit sound Arena headphones.
    Both the the tv and headphones are Bluetooth, I can pair the headphones to everything i have tried other than the Samsung TV.
    I contacted Samsung tech help and they said that even though the TV is bluetooth it was not compatible with the headphones,I asked them to elaborate but they could not.

There is however a headphone socket on the TV which if i plug some wired headphones into it works fine. Other than as the TV is wall mounted i have to remove it to connect the wired headphones.

So my next step was a short phono cable 300mm permanently plugged into the headphones socket on the Tv and then plug the headphones into this , so i not have to remove the Tv from the wall every time to achieve this.
    What i didn’t realise was anything plugged into the headphones socket mutes the main speakers which is fine when using the headphones but when i’m not using the headphones and just the short cable is plugged in it still. mutes the main speakers.
    A Mate of mine suggested USB bluetooth dongle TV off the wall again but still no joy.
    However i have a amazon fire TV stick permanently connected to the TV and this works perfectly
    with the Arena bluetooth headphones?

I’m sorry this is a bit long winded ,but i thought the more detail the better it is.

Many thanks in advance

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,618
    Bluetooth on your TV is designed for input devices, Keyboards & Mice.

3. kirchoffs

kirchoffs
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JayCee.
    Thank you for youre reply, well at least your answer was clear enough unlike Samsung. i guess if there is a work around you would have posted it

4. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209