Are you watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony?

Will you be watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony on Friday night?

• Yes I will be.

Votes: 138 59.5%
  • No I will not be.

Votes: 70 30.2%
  • Haven't decided yet.

Votes: 24 10.3%

• Total voters

MarkR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many people will actually be watching the opening Ceremony on Friday night so thought I knock up a poll.

Most definitely :thumbsup:

By the way I will be watching it :thumbsup:

Should be an amazing thing to be part of be it good or bad.

I'll probably have it on, but only because the missus loves the olympics.
Me personally, I think the whole thing is waste of time and money.
I won't even mention the fact that my digs have increased from £79 a night to £220.
Total rip off, the whole thing, imo.

Definitely not, I'll rent a film or something instead.
It's not like I'm vehemently avoiding it, just not even remotely interested.
The wife and eldest daughter may watch it though, they're into watching 'event TV' like this or 'children in need' etc

Last edited:
I can't conceive any sequence of events which results in me thinking I want to spend the next 19 hours watching it.

(no)

no doubt some smart-alec will say that angelina jolie wants to watch it before bed - well yes then of course I would watch it - duh!

I'm amazed by the most of the comments, and by the poll score to date - and delighted with them.:clap:
I didn't think we had so many sensible - and brave - members.

Of course! And I'm really looking forward to it and all the competition too.

:)

We happen to be having visitors for the weekend so we're having a few beers and it'll be on in the background. I know they can drag on a bit, but I'll watch the main bit just to see what Danny Boyle came up with. The OH has decorated the conservatory with bunting just to add to the atmosphere.

Personally I feel it makes a change to have something other than a football event taking over the TV (and yes I know there is a football section for the Olympics, but that's one bit I won't bother watching). If it wasn't on then I'd be out enjoying the weather rather than sat inside watching some films anyway.

I'm amazed by the most of the comments, and by the poll score to date - and delighted with them.:clap:
I didn't think we had so many sensible - and brave - members.

What's brave about not liking something? :rolleyes:

Some strange definitions of manliness and bravery in this thread...

Depends what else is on.

There has been a lot of negative press about the Olympics but from what I can gather, Danny Boyle has nailed it. I'll watch it.

Last edited:
Not at all interested in the pomp & the hype surrounding the whole event, so the opening ceremony will be a no for me, just as it has been for other Olympics

I'll watch a few of the events if they interest me, and I happen to be in front of the TV, and I've managed to wrestle the remote off the kids (bearing in mind they're off school), but otherwise... meh!

I'll watch it. Probably cook or something when the athletes walk round for hours but the show should be good!

No and I won't be happy if it messes with the soaps. Off to check...

I won't be watching it, doesn't interest me. I wouldn't have known it started this Friday if it weren't for this thread.

Voted NO.

Not that I'm against the Olympics (I'm not at all), just that opening ceremonies just go on too long and don't really hold my interest.

I'm sure I'll watch the highlights but I can't imagine sitting down to watch it live.

I wouldn't have known it started this Friday if it weren't for this thread.

It doesn't - it starts today - women's football - makes you wonder what an opening ceremony is.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
I will be watching it as I will be actually there! :)

How did you manage that, are you a volunteer or was it just luck that you got the ticket?

Should be a fantastic atmosphere

I am 60yrs old and never in my lifetime have I had or will I have the opportunity again to watch an Olympics being held from my own country.:thumbsup:

Will I be watching absolutely!!!:smashin:

There is a lot of hype surrounding the event and I can't say I am happy with the cost but lets get behind our athletes and as long as Beckham don't get to light the flame starting the event I shall be happy.:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom