1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you upgrading from a blackout blind?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Clint C, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Chaps, bit of a long shot but is anyone moving on from a blackout blind to a proper screen? If so I'd be interested in your blackout blind as long as it was at least 179cm wide by 2 metres(ish) in length... oh and preferably white or cream in colour.

Ikea's doing my head in as they never seem to have the 2 metre wide Tupplar in stock. :rolleyes:

Thanks
    Clint.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO you should get (or build) a "proper" screen. Blackout blinds are a poor substitute in my experience.

You owe it to your lovely NEC ;).

3. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the reply Kramer but I'm actually after a blackout blind to keep the light out of my lounge, not to use as a screen.

I got hold of a screen from work for free :thumbsup: but it's got a ripple in it and it's driving me bonkers and as I've had no joy from this post what I'm thinking of doing is buying a proper screen as there doesn't seem to be much price difference from anywhere else due to the size requirements and using the "free" screen as a blackout blind.

Thanks all anyway.
    Clint.

P.S. I still love my HT1100 :D :D :D .

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, my mistake :blush:

It would probably (actually, definitely) more expensive but you could get one made up from any local blind company. You could just buy the material & make one up yourself too.

:smoke:

5. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    No probs buddy. As the missus is feeling my pain about not being able to watch bugger all on the pj till it gets dark I've struck a deal with her whereby I finish our bathroom redecoration before the end of July (all of which had started in January :blush: ) and she'll buy me a pucker screen... can't argue with that now can I! ;)

Clint.

6. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Complete U-turn, decided to go for this to blackout my room instead.

Top forum.
    Clint.

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Should work out nicely & more importantly, far cheaper (leaves more spare cash for "boys' toys" :smashin: ).

Let us know how it works out.

8. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Mate it's worked out nicely. The sun's beating on the front bay window this morning and I can close the door and achieve almost total blackout in there... superb result.

I recommend this method to anyone looking to "black out" their room. Blackout material and velcro, so simple and so effective. At last I can watch some films in the day :clap: :clap: :clap: .

Thanks again to this forum.
    Clint.

9. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    8.30am with the sun beating down on your window but totally dark inside. Sounds like a result. Now fire up that NEC, grab a can from the fridge & settle into a nice movie.............'tis Sunday after all :zonked:.

Glad it worked out nicely :)