Votes: 162 73.3%
  • Over 500MB

Votes: 59 26.7%

• Total voters

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets see if O2 are right.

Based on current usage patterns, 97% of O2 smartphone customers would not need to buy additional data allowances, as the lowest bundle (500MB) provides at least 2.5 times the average O2 customer's current use

Find out your data usage by going to:

Settings > General > Usage

Check the date you last reset and divide the data by the number of months to get your monthly usage.

Last edited:
Way under I believe. Mine did say 1.21Gb for 11 months (it did say last reset time never I believe). I've since reset it to see how much I use...

Although fingers crossed I'll only have it another 14 days ;)

All depends on the handset cost whenever that is revealed..!

170 pm on average

i have only used 180mb since june 09 :eek: i am on payg and not a heavy phone user so a £20 top up can last me 3 months and i only get free internet if i top up £20 and only tend to surf on the iphone when i have topped up.

55mb last month - I use wi-fi at home mostly though as I can't get a signal half the time...

last 3 months, 1.2GB so thats approx 400mb per month so under for me :)

Average of 40MB a month.

I use the web and various data-using apps quite a lot but not much in the way of streaming, only the odd half hour on TV Catchup and most apps get downloaded at home over WiFi.

Around 1GB in almost 9 months for me so just over 100MB per month. I am mainly around wifi to be fair though and very rarely do I do any streaming.

Well ive used 1.2gb and ive never reset the phone apparantly

although would the stats reset when you restore a phone? I think i did that in january last??

Sorry, Im having a blonde moment, is that sent and received data, and can someone work mine out for me please?
My sent is 182MB, received is 1.3GB, and that's for 11ish months.
Thanks

EDIT - Just remembered I got a new phone from Apple when I dropped mine, so it's 6ish months, not 11.
Told you I was having a blonde moment

Last edited:
Log-on to your o2 online and into your account and you can see your exact usage per billing period.

Min averages at 60-80MB a month so no real worries here. I have gone back to Sept 08 and not once did I go over 500MB - the max was 220MB.

Last edited:
At first I thought the new cap levels were awful, until I looked at my usage and saw that it's just under 600mb for 12 months!

The 20p / mms will stop me upgrading as I send lots of photos of my little boy via mms to family members who don't use email or just don't use it very much. Never mind, hardly the end of the world.

Sorry, Im having a blonde moment, is that sent and received data, and can someone work mine out for me please?
My sent is 182MB, received is 1.3GB, and that's for 11ish months.
Thanks

135mb per month

Currently 2.2gb on 11months so 200mb per month.

yeah i thought i used a lot until i looked, last reset Never and ive received 2.1GB and i had my 3G 21months,

500MB a month for me will be way more than enough, i use wi-fi at home

Over, ive used 5gb in 6 months..Not much surfing around 45 mins a day and once a day collecting mail.
I do stream but only for around 5-6 hrs a month so tbh im quite shocked ive used that much.

400MB average for me so it'll be a 750MB allowance that I'll go for to be on the safe side.

Around 250mb here.

I think people are forgetting a couple of things though...

1. Your data usage is only going to go up with new + better apps (possibly substantially)
2. Multitasking. Now you're going to leave last.fm/spotify playing in the background whilst you check emails / browse the web
3. What happens if/when FaceTime goes 3G?

During the first 4 months of 2010 I used

Jan - 415mb
Feb- 299mb
March- 538mb
April - 273mb

Last 5 months 3.29GB

Log-on to your o2 online and into your account and you can see your exact usage per billing period.

Min averages at 60-80MB a month so no real worries here. I have gone back to Sept 08 and not once did I go over 500MB - the max was 220MB.

Sorry, really am struggling today, think it must be tiredness ;)

Where do I find this info in my account?

I'm well under the 500mb cap too - had my 3g 20 months / stats have never been reset and it shows 1.1 GB d/l = 55MB/month

Must be down to Wi-Fi usage at home AND work ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom