Are You Sweltering, Like I'm Sweltering?!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So,

Anyone else enjoying the extreme weekend heat?! I'm inside local library and it's over 21 degrees inside, let alone outside! :eek:

I'm absolutely dripping in sweat, and the more I squash, juice and water I drink, the more thirsty I feel! That can't be right!

What's the betting that come July / August, we'll be in the middle of the worst snowfall or floods the county's ever seen?! :rotfl:

Pooch

I know what you mean, it was quite warm this morning when Claire and I got to the cinema (Batman Begins) but when we left the cool, air-conditioned theatre just after lunch it really hit you...it's really muggy, reminds me of Mexico. Off out to mow the lawn now, should be a sweat festival out there!!!

Pooch,

Heat wave due mid August. Thank fully I have the middle two weeks booked off. Camping at Wareham; dorset with some friends.

It is gonna be a hot one :)

Pete.

34 degrees here!!

PoochJD said:
I'm absolutely dripping in sweat, and the more I squash, juice and water I drink, the more thirsty I feel! That can't be right!

Make sure the quash is sugar free....

Been ruddy intensely humid in Edinburgh today, and grey skies. There's that feeling in the air that makes me think a wee bit of thunder may be on the way soon.

Not pleasant normally, but after a 10 bottle San Miguel session last night, it's a ruddy nightmare!

Weathers been brilliant here in Berkshire :thumbsup:

been cruising about in my mk1 getting absolutely fried :D now time for lots of beer and a bbq

Just finished a 12 hour shift in a print works,blimey i must have lost a couple of pounds,might fit into those tight jeans yet :)

Been on foot patol today in sunny Fife, Scotland. Im now sunburnt but it was fun (ooohhh im itchy now)

Spare a thought for my sister in law...she went into labour at half seven this morning...too hot to be giving birth today!

I always close the windows at night to try and stop the pollen getting in (hay fever is bad at the moment) and so there was hardly any air to breathe at all last night. Is there such a thing as a quiet, small, cheap air conditioning system for small houses ?

Just seen the weekly forecast on Countryfile. Looks like it will last into next weekend, apart from some thunderstorms in Mids & NW today.

It is too hot, it would be better by the coast!

My cars aircon is struggling

MartinImber said:
My cars aircon is struggling
My window widers work just fine. :D

my car has no roof, how's that for aircon :thumbsup:

have to admit is flipping horrible when you stop moving for more than five minutes though :rotfl:

roll on the winter thats what i say
if your cold... turn the heating on!!
if your cold at work ...WORK HARDER!!!!!!!!

bob1 said:
Did i say widers ,i ment winders,too much to dink,oops i mean drick,no drink. :rotfl:

bob1 said:

So do mine - the motors are fine - but it lets the heat in!

Yup

Air con, elec sunroof & windows, electric seats, adjustable head lights tons of toys - not bad for a Vauxhall (from Russelheim)

oh man, ive got a maths exam in the morning :(

i might pass out from the heat! :rolleyes:

Morning All,

Well despite yesterday being cooler (and more tolerable), it looks like the weather's getting hotter again. :eek: or should that be :cool:

I'm barely sleeping more than 2-3 hours a night, because it's so balmy... even with my bedroom window wide open! :( I just can't seem to relax.

Ah well, I guess I should enjoy the hot weather whilst I can. I bet the folk who've managed to get hold of tickets for Wimbledon and Glastonbury are chuffed-to-bits! :clap:

Pooch

P.S. On a more sensible note, does anyone have any tips on keeping cool at night, please? I already sleep on top of my duvet, and au naturelle, but they don't seem to help! :thumbsdow I need to be feeling more :cool: so that I can get some :boring: , because all that's happening at the moment is :mad: and :eek: ! :rotfl:

Fantastic wasn't it? Knocked out the telephones and internet at work, went home at 1pm straight after my lunch break! :clap: Can't say fairer for a Friday arvo really!!! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom