Are you seeing the Tapatalk notification?

Have you seen the Tapatalk popup notification?

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
When surfing the full AVForums site with a mobile device, are you getting a popup notification that the Tapatalk app is available to download?

I use Tapatalk

50/50 sometimes only offers the avforums app sometimes offers both.

Just tried on my iphone 5 didnt get offered either. Will the new tapatalk iphone app be stand alone using there software somewhere or just an updated version of what already exists? I think its great but there is defo room for a few improvementa. Beats the avf app IMO

Note: I cleared cookies and got it immediately upon visiting the site with safari on my iPhone.

My cookies and any browser info gets deleted on exiting the browser everytime on my phone.

I click the link in the classifieds a fair amount that people link out to other threads which then opens my browser and its a very sporadic result of if I get offered one, either or none.

The offering of the avforum app used to be everytime I did this until the taptalk started being offered also then it changed.

If this helps any.

Just tried on Motorola Atrix using Dolphin browser and it popped up straight away.

Prefer to use the AVForums app though as it is free and I don't frequent that many other fora (sp!)

The AVForums app is being removed ASAP and a new free one will be along soon

out of interest why the fast removal of the app rather than getting a new one sorted first and then switching? Only time I've seen apps pulled that quickly is usually security related

out of interest why the fast removal of the app rather than getting a new one sorted first and then switching? Only time I've seen apps pulled that quickly is usually security related
Mostly likely a licensing issue.

Posting from the new app in case anyone missed it's release....

Oops, ok not missed it's release exactly, more just hadn't found it it was released today!!!

Last edited:
New app?

gbcasual said:
Aye, new avforums app on Android is now available from the market.

I was searching for the iOS version, must not be ready yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom