Are you returning your iPhone 4? VOTE

Are you returning your iPhone 4 for a refund?

• Yes

Votes: 24 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 137 85.1%

• Total voters

Simba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simple Poll - in light of the issues, there have been numerous people stating they will be returning there iPhone 4's.

Are you returning your iPhone 4 for a refund?

YES or NO

Last edited:
Don't understand the poll? Why?

:eek:

No I will keep it. If it is faulty the Apple will keep replacing mine till I get one that works!

Hi

i will be keeping my iPhone 4. Fingers crossed we get a software update soon to fix the bug.

Baz

I just donated 5 hours of my life to getting this phone. Jobs can get his techies to fix the issue and release 4.0.1 before the weekend.

not made my mind up yet.

and cant really work out how touching an unintelligent piece of metal to lose signal can be a software bug.

not made my mind up yet.

and cant really work out how touching an unintelligent piece of metal to lose signal can be a software bug.
It's interfering (slightly) with the hardware, and the software is not dealing with this correctly. That's a possibility anyway.

I don't have one yet, but O2 have apprently "reserved" one for me, after commenting I have a Month to buy out my contract, so unless they get them in stock, and have plenty of stock that they aren't impossible to find, I won't be able to do that.

Not only that, but I'm about to lose interest if I have to wait a week or a Month. Yes, I am impatient and yes I know there are problems.

If I have trouble with it they can fix it eventually. I'm not giving up my reservation that took all day to get though on the off chance I might get a faulty iPhone.

Besides, I want it for the various features more than I do a phone which is an added bonus and if it's just effected by the left hand touching the left side I have nothing to worry about. I never use a phone in my left hand. It's uncomfortable. Though I can do other things with my left hand, which is odd.

Anyone who claims they're doing this is either mad or lying

Not had any problems so obviously not. Would be interested to know how many other people had zero problems until they read about someone else's, and suddenly they had it too.

Anyone who claims they're doing this is either mad or lying

So people should just keep a technically flawed handset yes?

You have to be mad to do that really.

Not had any problems so obviously not. Would be interested to know how many other people had zero problems until they read about someone else's, and suddenly they had it too.

I think most people maybe blamed the network for the dropped calls and signal issues till they read it either on here or other places and realised its a fault in the handset.

Zero issues, can't get the bars to drop irrespective of how I hold it .... so it stays! :)

Nah Neo, you read me slightly wrong. I know there's problems with it, and it's frankly a pretty colossal screw up by Apple in terms of a design fault. However, i simply cannot get the problem myself unless i hold the phone in a very unnatural way. Even trying left handed i need to basically cup the phone slightly off to one side to make it lose a couple of bars.

There's definitely a problem, and i'm certain there are a load of rightfully screwed off left handed folk out there. I'm just wondering how many people are actually being affected by it and how many are just joining in.

If you're having the problems, then yes you'd be mad to keep the handset. If you're not and just know of the problem, considering the time i've spent with the phone over the past day, you'd be mad to get rid.

Last edited:
guys if i return my phone to apple do i get my full refund.reason is i bought it for my son sim free and i need a pay as you go top up microsim,vp says they dont do it.o2 says no.also how is tesco selling pay as you go iphone 4 shurely it supplys it with a top up microsim.and others saying there is no payg top up microsim.

You know what?

apple deserve the mik taking for this, yesterday i was fuming!

Having a phone that dropped signal when you pick it up seams from a comedy sketch.

Whats more annoying is the 'fix'

'your holding it wrong!!' :laugh::laugh:

How about a decent technical explanation why its happening, why some handsets and not others.
or even a 'we'll look into it!,' but ' holding it wrong' is a classic!

Thing is, last night i got home on wifi and it was chuffing phenomenal, i clocked up 10MB/s speeds in my house!!!

everything is lightning fast, i can actually play some decent games now, without waiting for it to load up.

the screen!! the screen! the thing you look at all the time, is just a new benckmark, every screen i look at now is rubbish, 3G, laptop, desktop all rubbish

I bet the iPad screen looks bad now! cos i know the 3G does. :blush:

im seriously thinking of totally leaving out the iPad 1st gen, and saving NOW for a iPad with retina display, with cameras for facetime etc.

iPad 2.0 retina display, iOS4 & cameras!!!!!! :eek:

So after all that do a still return the £500 bit of kit for this major mess up

Well i dont really want to is the problem: :blush:

Could i go back to my 3G!
What will apple do to 'fix' this?
Will there BE a fix?
I'm planning on getting a bumper anyway, for protection form dropping AND for grip, its quite slippy.
Will a bumper fix the signal probs?
Is it software problem?

What ever the 'fix', it will be sorted within a year, so under warranty, and therefore will be free. whether its software update or handset replace

I just cant bring myself to hand it back.

So i'm keeping it. If it is an actually problem in everyday use, then it WILL go back, ive yet to have it affect me. tho only 1 day in.

Just sent a txt from my desk which is in a bad area, 2 bars on display, sent fine.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom