Are you proud of your local club?

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Reading this with great interest, top stuff fellas

Don Rogers Tash

What glory hunters who follow the big boys will never understand is that following your local club will never be about winning cups - it's deeper than that.
It's about community. It's tribal.
Our geographical rivals are Millwall. I despise them.
They're less than 6 miles away from us and yet the fanbase is a world apart. We're generally a decent bunch in our corner of South East London but they ain't.
And if you've ever been to The Old Den and, to a lesser extent, The New Den then you'll know what I mean.

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
It's about community. It's tribal.
Our geographical rivals are Millwall. I despise them.
Totally this. I choose to live 80 miles from my roots. But when every home game is an away game it still doesn't matter, you still go. Sure, there are people who follow their EPL teams all over and pay considerably more doing so. That is loyalty. But the culture in grass roots is different. Fans generally grew up in or live in the town or city of their club. When I retire or become a multi-millionaire, I would move back there like a shot (pun intended) but the latter would see me buy the club outright and give it the best future possible. When you consider where Bournemouth are now, anything is possible. Whoever your alliance is with, be proud and keep the faith.

arenaman

@When In Rome I found this posted up on a Darlo fan FB page yesterday when we played you at your place, name the year and result, I've got the team sheet too but that would give it away

1570711678338.png

1570711705511.png

When In Rome

Distinguished Member

arenaman

1570713997541.png

arenaman

Can't beat a 120th minute winner at Wembley, got to be my best moment, what a day