Are you now hoping your 360 dies?

DJ Dave

Prominent Member
Reaction score
With this alleged 3 year warranty in place (still don't believe it) surely there are a few of us out there that actually want our 360's to furnish us with a ring of death? :devil:

Most people on here have probably paid between £280 and £350 for their premiums.

With the Elite now trading at £299ish surely we are now in the Box seats (no pun intended) if our 360's die on us? :D

With this alleged 3 year warranty in place (still don't believe it) surely there are a few of us out there that actually want our 360's to furnish us with a ring of death? :devil:

Most people on here have probably paid between £280 and £350 for their premiums.

With the Elite now trading at £299ish surely we are now in the Box seats (no pun intended) if our 360's die on us? :D

my reciept runs out in november im taking it in telling them that this is the 3rd one i have had been given, kick up a stink and demand a credit note i will then just go get an elite from the next gamestation in town

I am on my 3rd 360 inside 18 months. :rolleyes:

I have to say though - Woolworths have been magnificent in changing my console for a brand new one every time without any aggro. :smashin:

My 2nd 360 has just died on me. It's been playing up for a week or so and has now done one on me. I'm ******. I know Game won't refund me but I want a refund to get an Elite, what can I do?

What was the purchase date of the 2nd box?

I am going to go on a Bioshock fest to encourage my current 360 to pack up.

£279.99 towards the Elite - surely it's a no brainer?

My brothers launch day Premium died last week (bought in Game) so on Saturday he took it into his local Asda and they swapped it over for an Elite :rolleyes:

If they are fixing them then realistically you have no chance of a refund:rolleyes:

Have you ?

Is that aimed at me Mylo?

If so then all I have ever done is take it back to Woolies - all you do is say you tried to contact M$ but can never get through.

it wasn't aimed at anyone, just an observation.

My brothers launch day Premium died last week (bought in Game) so on Saturday he took it into his local Asda and they swapped it over for an Elite :rolleyes:

LOL Indiana.

Oh my, that's rude. ;) I couldn't do that, I'd feel too guilty.

Ahhh maybe not! :devil::devil::devil:

it wasn't aimed at anyone, just an observation.

I have found that all you have to do is say either you have contacted M$ and can never get through (totally believable) or the ring of death is a known issue of being a hardware failure and M$ have said just take it back to the retailer and get it exchanged for a new console.

I guess it depends on who you get - in GAME you probably wont get any change whatsoever, whereas in Woolies or ASDA you have a very good chance of coming up trumps.

Took mine back to boots tonight , bought it in jan 07 , 3 red rings , gave me my money back no problem. :)

Mine has already been replaced once but I'm hoping it dies again at some point because I want the new revised heatsink. Not too soon though, only once the 65mn chips are standard :smashin:

@ indiana
Blimey! did he say or do anything special? what asda was it?

The chances of getting a full refund on an oldish machine are slim.

jayd, read the faq, ring consumer direct.

My premium from feb 07 started playing up the other day, took it back to currys. They did me a straight swap for an elite with a game!
I was well chuffed:D

Untill the elite started making funny noises:mad: taking it back next weekend.

I've been thinking about this all week. I bought my 360 in May with 2 games, for £280, if my 360 started moving to be on its way out could I go along to Game ask for a refund, or a swap to an elite? Would it work? Cheers all!

@ indiana
Blimey! did he say or do anything special? what asda was it?

Not that I know of, he does it alot though, taking stuff back to a shop he didnt buy it from, think at xmas he bought King Kong in HMV for a tenner, took it down to Game and they swapped it for Call of Duty 3 lol

Also, it was the Asda at Cribbs Causeway.

I managed to fix my three red lights of death.

I powered on the console and left it with the three red lights flashing for about an hour. Then I powered it off, unplugged it, and plugged back in.

It worked fine then and no problems since :clap:

It could have been that my console went cold, because prior to seeing the lights of death for the first time, I hadn't used it in along time, so maybe where I was concerned, it just needed to be warmed up.

doubt it components work better colder than hotter. As long as its not sub zero cold at least. So unless your 360 is in a walk in freezer doubt that is the issues

To be honest, I'm thinking quite the reverse of this. My 360 is 21 months old now, and to me that's a good track record and has proven reliability. It would be strange to have to have a new one which I have no idea about it's reliability.

(And no-one should ever have paid more than £280 for a 360, that's been the RRP since launch!)

To be honest, I'm thinking quite the reverse of this. My 360 is 21 months old now, and to me that's a good track record and has proven reliability. It would be strange to have to have a new one which I have no idea about it's reliability.

Exactly the same here, still on my launch machine and it's like an old friend now. Better the devil you know....;)

Exactly the same here, still on my launch machine and it's like an old friend now. Better the devil you know....;)

Indeed (steals Cas Fans saying)

I have a launch console that has been faultless (touch wood) No reason what so ever i want it to fail thankyou :)

On my 2nd console for 18months now (touch wood), no intension of trying to blag one

Indeed (steals Cas Fans saying)

I have a launch console that has been faultless (touch wood) No reason what so ever i want it to fail thankyou :)

i touched wood eveytime i talked about RROD on my launch day console and the fecker showed me the evil rings of death at the weekend, but now its showing me the 1 green ring of WOOHOO! but for how long....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom