1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you moving in, sir?!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by penfold, Aug 15, 2002.

1. penfold

penfold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys. Just wondering, when you are demo-ing kit in-store, how long do you tend to take with it? I'm going to book a demo of the AE100, and likely take the DVD player and Xbox along to test. Assuming I book at a quiet time ie not the weekend, and the retailer has more than one dem room, how long is ok, and how long is just plain rude?:)

Thanks.
    Dan.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it depends on how likely you are to actually buy the kit from the retailer. If you take a couple of hours of their time and then say 'great, but I'll order it from XXX on the web because they are £200 cheaper' then that isn't really fair to the people that have demonstrated the kit to you. That's why most online retailers are cheaper because they don't have dedicated demo rooms and shopfloor salesmen to pay for. I do prefer to buy from the web myself though...

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    If you are seriously considering buying from them, then 2 hours isn't unreasonable.

Cheers,
    Liam

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Well my record when working in London was a dem which lasted from 10.00am till 5.00pm between a pair of Epos ES14's and a set of Linn Keilidhs. Guy had driven over from France to listen. JUst couldn't decide so went for a 30 minute lunch break in middle and then came back...

I believe that you should be able to take as long as you wish to make a decision. I also believe that it shouldn't take long to do a comparisons....I think in your case it has to depend on how much time you are going to take of the personel in the shop, their demo facility and how busy they are as well as whether you are going to purchse from them once you've chosen.

Gordon

5. penfold

penfold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks. I wouldn't demo it then buy somewhere else, I don't think that's fair. Besides, I may need the good customer service with the AE100's reliability record!