Votes: 43 48.9%
  • No, I will not be buying

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • I am undecided

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • I am going to wait to see what the user responses are before I buy

Votes: 13 14.8%

• Total voters
Same time as you 17:03 (im in Australia)
Well that sucks a bit, at least youll have it within a couple weeks.

Doesn't seem to be any order in what they are doing though as people with earlier orderd on macrumors are still at processing

The Apple marketing department have excelled themselves if people are prepared to drive 120 miles to look at an overpriced metal watch strap!

Thank you Mike, I've even given you a 'Useful' accolade for such a constructive post.

Hmmm, not sure about my courier UK Mail...? don't see many of those around my way! I would have felt better had it said DPD or UPS

Apple usually use UK mail or ups. Never seen the using DPD. DPD would also be my preference tho as they are very good and provide a 1 hour delivery slot so you can still go about you life the rest of the day

He went to try out the watch, not a strap...
In that case no problem, the watch's hardware is the same regardless.

I'll be sure to visit a thread based on the release of a new product (i have no intention of buying) when i can, that way I can join in with the pointless comments game :thumbsup:

Mines has shipped. Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop being delivered tomorrow by UPS. I have a tracking number but not working at the minute

I have no intention of buying an Apple Watch specifically. However, this is an AV forum, I am interested in all things AV and Apple has a large influence. I don't have an iPhone and never have it's impact on mobile phones including the one I have now was huge.

My point above is still valid. If you are trying out using the watch itself any of them will do.

I have no intention of buying an Apple Watch specifically. However, this is an AV forum, I am interested in all things AV and Apple has a large influence. I don't have an iPhone and never have it's impact on mobile phones including the one I have now was huge.

My point above is still valid. If you are trying out using the watch itself any of them will do.

That's cool, I too have the same interests but I wouldn't for example go comment in the Galaxy S6 thread that it's overpriced piece of metal and the hardware is pretty much the same. :)

Mines has shipped. Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop being delivered tomorrow by UPS. I have a tracking number but not working at the minute

Good stuff :smashin:

Nice combo, have you tried it on in the store?

No as it is an 80mile round trip but if I don't like I will return and buy another. But I'm pretty sure I'll be ok with as I've had similar straps before on other watches

Anyone bought a 42mm they don't want and would sell to a forum member for retail price?

That's cool, I too have the same interests but I wouldn't for example go comment in the Galaxy S6 thread that it's overpriced piece of metal and the hardware is pretty much the same. :)
That's fine but this thread is "Are You Buying An Apple watch?" Presumably then any discussion on whether you are buying one or not and the reasons either way are on topic. There is exactly numerous other threads on the Watch as well. This one asks if you are buying one and lists "not buying" as an option. Though yes it's not exactly constructive criticism of it.

Regarding "overpriced" it's the individuals money but personally I'd rather buy a cheap model now and spend more when the product itself has matured but there are numerous prices. If it comes to it a Rolex is overpriced to some as it tells the time just like a poundland watch, others will say it's down the the build quality not just the function and the build quality does improve with each model so you are paying for what you get.

42mm sport space grey ordered at 0802 has just shipped

Anyone bought a 42mm they don't want and would sell to a forum member for retail price?

If I don't like I will just return to apple. Sorry but can't be doing with all the hassle of having to post and what not

That's fine but this thread is "Are You Buying An Apple watch?" Presumably then any discussion on whether you are buying one or not and the reasons either way are on topic. There is exactly numerous other threads on the Watch as well. This one asks if you are buying one and lists "not buying" as an option. Though yes it's not exactly constructive criticism of it.

Regarding "overpriced" it's the individuals money but personally I'd rather buy a cheap model now and spend more when the product itself has matured but there are numerous prices. If it comes to it a Rolex is overpriced to some as it tells the time just like a poundland watch, others will say it's down the the build quality not just the function and the build quality does improve with each model so you are paying for what you get.

I agree in some respects :) It's not my intention to start an argument, everyone is entitled to participate on any forum. We like different things, that's cool otherwise life would be boring!

A word of warning, those £1 watches from poundland are NOT IPX67, I wouldn't advise anyone wear one in the bath/shower :D

I thought I was stretching it with the poundland watch. I thought, "how cheap can you go?" and then thought, "well no watch at all". If you have an iPhone and the Apple Watch doesn't really work with out one then you could just look at your phone anyway.

Personally I am interested to see what the effect will be on the rest of the market. Apple has a gravitational pull. Even if you never buy Apple products they have a varying effect on everything else.

I thought I was stretching it with the poundland watch. I thought, "how cheap can you go?" and then thought, "well no watch at all". If you have an iPhone and the Apple Watch doesn't really work with out one then you could just look at your phone anyway.

Personally I am interested to see what the effect will be on the rest of the market. Apple has a gravitational pull. Even if you never buy Apple products they have a varying effect on everything else.

Spot on, if the rumours of 2.5m watches pre-ordered is true then that's more that the rest of the market have sold to date. It will encourage more investment in to the wearables market and possibly stimulate sales for other manufacturers too.

I'm no Apple fanboy, I do really like Apple products but I have no issue buying an alternative if it is better for me. I have no idea if this watch will be useful o_O but there are features I am looking forward to using and think will benefit me on a daily basis, I also just love technology and gadgets so we will see :)

For anyone who has UK Mail, you can track here i beleove: https://www.ukmail.com/manage-my-delivery
Enter the 10 digit number in the Customer reference field and then your postcode.

I just called my local depot and they can see my details on their system, but the parcel hasn't arrived with them yet, otherwise i could have picked it up now! Oh well. She did say i could call in the morning and she'll tell me what time he'll be out to me :)

Cmon folks, you have to admit that as a new product genre for Apple this is much more exciting than waiting on a new phone.

Cmon folks, you have to admit that as a new product genre for Apple this is much more exciting than waiting on a new phone.
I agree, to answer the forum title I am not buying one as I never buy 1st generation but I am checking this forum every hour to feel the vibe and to see all the pics of watches on people's wrists tomorrow...

Wife's and son's being delivered tomorrow :clap: My 42mm stainless still showing as processing :devil:

Attachments

• 2015-04-23 06.26.32 pm.jpg
    2015-04-23 06.26.32 pm.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 73
I'm having to wait until June. I'm just decided to buy an Apple Watch, as my rather expensive and old watch from 1998 has broken and can't be repaired because of its age and no spare parts. So I've decided earlier this week to buy an Apple Watch to go with my Apple iPad and Apple iPhone, and I look forward to hearing reports from those who receive there Apple Watch tomorrow.
Ian.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom