• Yes i got one from Father Christmas

Votes: 90 89.1%
  • I'll be picking one up soon.....

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters

Jay

Ex Member
Reaction score
Just a quick poll to see how many new 360 owners there are or whether you will be buying one in the near future. It seems like loads of people are jumping on the 360 wagon, most of my mates have ended up picking one up due to the lack of patience for the ps3 and because there are loads of decent games out at the minute.

Yup. My first console since the Atari 2600. I've been a PC Game fan for some time but wanted to explore some Hi-Def big screen gaming so got the 360.

To be honest it's great for racing games but I'm really struggling with the lack of keyboard and mouse control for first/third person shooters. I'm a complete joke with Gears of War and I'm slightly better at CoD3. I tried a demo of Lost Planet the other day and for some reason I was a little better on this one, still cr@p though.

I joined Xbox Live also. Had two games of PGR3 and got my @ss kicked. Mind you most were running F50's and I was with my favourite car of the moment, the Ariel Atom 300. :)

All in all, it's not bad and having just purchased "Geometry Wars" all is not lost. This is old school and great fun. Defender next. :smashin:

I should say I've convinced my bros and a mate this Xmas to get the 360 and they have obliged. :)

I just picked one up on boxing day, i think it's an outstanding bit of kit, the only samll downside is i'm amazed how loud it is. I picked up GOW, R6:Vegas, PGR3 and Smackdown as part of the package and they all look the business.

This morning i set myself a task to set up TVersity to stream the xvid's from my PC upstairs to the xbox/plasma downstairs and i'm so far very impressed with the quality. :clap:

Im not but I think there will be a fair few new people you will find. I managaed to persuade two of my mates to get one over the last two weeks and someone at work is getting one today/tomorrow as well!!

It's all good. The more the merrier I say!!!

I've always been a big sony fan and was originally waiting for the PS3, never though in a millions year that I would move over to the dark side...........
took the plunge just before christmas after seeing the reviews for Gears of War, and partly because I was sick and tired waiting for the PS3 to finally arrive, have to admit not only is the game absolutely brilliant, but the Xbox 360, is one amazing bit of Kit.

Just got one and HD DVD Drive from Father Xmas...to my suprise he looked a lot like me, Top bloke in my opinion.

:rolleyes: ;)

yep

picked up one the gamestation deals (rainbow6) about three weeks ago. Great machine esp with the the live stuff...which i only tried out last night for the first time....can't wait for some of the new games due this year...

Only downsides are the great big long cat5 cable running from router downstairs to 360 in spare room upstairs (£60 is too much for what's only a wireless dongle) and I was ripped in the trade forum (my rainbow six for GoW he received mine next day his didn't arrive and now doesn't answer pm)

game on:rolleyes:

Yep new to xbox 360. Got signed up to live but my NATs are moderate and have problems connecting to some friends games.

If this could be fixed I would be a happy chap.

Got my son one for xmas. Havent really played his old xbox, it was ok but didnt light my fire like in the old days of youth, scouring the arcades to play the likes of pacland!

this 360 I cant get of the damn thing! I am young again :rotfl:

Its an amazing piece of kit and 'Need for Speed Carbon' in a dark room with surround sound turned up is taking me back to my youth racing round back roads smoking pot.

Funny downloading pacman, frogger etc and saying to my son, wow this is what daddy used to play, exciting isnt it! Street fighter II vs Dead or Alive 4 which is better son. Hmmm whats that look :rotfl: :D

There should be a third option:

Tempted

Not sure if I want a wii or a 360, both have lots of fors and againsts :suicide:

That's strange my santa looked just like me :clap:

From the right angle and with certain light conditions he can look Male, Female, Young, Old, Large, and Small etc...Funny thing the human mind it can be influenced by a wide variety of converging phenomena!? :eek: :D

I too bought one, only got i wired up up yesterday, and cant for the life of me, get the 360 to recognise my PC to stream vids and music.

Wow what a great piece of kit.

Bought it for my lads with a bundled CoD3 game, charge and play kit and second controller. Can't get off it !

Bit annoying taking turns with the children playing CoD online. connected to the PC with no trouble at all streaming movies ( SD) family photos, mp3 etc.

All in all superb!!

Loads of people happy with the 360 then. And alot of new owners too, 2007 looks like it's gonna be a great year for games too. :smashin:

I too bought one, only got i wired up up yesterday, and cant for the life of me, get the 360 to recognise my PC to stream vids and music.

Several things needed here...do you have WMP 11 or Media connect ? If so,can your pc see your 360 ?

i got mine just before Xmas for free :thumbsup: i got it as an xmas bonus from my work , it was only the core pack but have added the HD / live / heatset / cam and a few games with my favourite been Tiger Woods 2007 & Call of Duty 3

hi all

i have had the xbox 360 for about a year now, it crashes very rarely and is pretty ace. i am sitting in front of a xbox wireless steering wheel playing need for speed carbon/PGR3 and is the best racing experience including the arcade i have had yet.

I am saying really i hope you guys enjoy your new xbox as much as i have enjoyed mine... roll on 2007... halo 3, lost planet, forza 2 etc.

b

hi all

i have had the xbox 360 for about a year now, it crashes very rarely and is pretty ace. i am sitting in front of a xbox wireless steering wheel playing need for speed carbon/PGR3 and is the best racing experience including the arcade i have had yet.

I am saying really i hope you guys enjoy your new xbox as much as i have enjoyed mine... roll on 2007... halo 3, lost planet, forza 2 etc.

b

I got the wheel too, never been into wheels as most of the console wheels have been rubbish, i never did try the gran turismo 4 wheel (logitech one) but am very pleased with the 360 one, i couldn't go back to a controller now, .

My beautiful wife suprised me on Christmas day with the 360 :thumbsup:
The best thing about it though was that she ordered a core system (she did not know that there was 2 different systems) and the nice company she got it from sent out the premium system by mistake for the same price :D

Vey impressed with the 360, and Gears of War is a stunning game :smashin:

I received one as xmas pressie.I would be delighted if folks would add me to friends list as I don't know anybody else who has got one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom