1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are we, the home market, being treated differently?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Jason_B, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Jason_B

Jason_B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I come across data projectors alot at work, and I have never seen one with a dead pixel, and they always seem to have good brightness etc (PC and Video). They are always roughly handled, being moved from office to office, never cleaned, and quite often left on for hours on end.

How come there seems to be so many unreliable units made for the home market at approx £1500, when the data projectors appear to be very reliable at approx £1000. (I undestand that they are only 4:3 and not 16:9, but surely the technical know-how is the same)

Are we, the home market, being treated differently as we are only a small percentage of sales when compared to the business sector?

:confused:

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this

regards
    Jason

2. Glasswalker

Glasswalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have numerous projector at work, all costing around the 3 grand mark. There are dead pixels on one of those units, so I don't think it is just home market suffering.

3. Jason_B

Jason_B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just thought i'd see what people thought.

We bought some £1000 small lcd data projectors at work and they are stunning, and have been 100% reliable - I was just wondering why one company could make a decent, reliable projector for £1000, and yet another is having so many problems at £1500 (if you rwead the comment made in this forum)

I would love to go and buy one, but would be very disappointed to spend £1500 and have a dead pixel in the middle of the screen from day one and not be able to do anything about it.