Are we never getting TRANSFORMERS or the MATRIX on blu-ray?

Jas H

Established Member
Reaction score
I just read that the new Transformers movie will only be out on DVD and HD-DVD and will never be on BD.

Does anyone know if that's true?

Secondly, will the Matrix ever be on BD?

Anyway, as I really intend to get Transformers I will have to buy an HD drive for my XBOX360 if this is true. I also read today that all HD-DVD discs are region free. This is very appealing too :smashin:

I just read that the new Transformers movie will only be out on DVD and HD-DVD and will never be on BD.

Does anyone know if that's true?

Secondly, will the Matrix ever be on BD?

Anyway, as I really intend to get Transformers I will have to buy an HD drive for my XBOX360 if this is true. I also read today that all HD-DVD discs are region free. This is very appealing too :smashin:

You can never say never, but for sure for the next period [2 years or more?] you will only be able to get Transformers on HD DVD or DVD As for the Matrix, this is from Warners who are currently dual format friendly - they have promised it, but when remains the big question...or indeed is "will they?"

HD DVD's are region free

i would recommend you get a tosh HDE1 mate as there cheap as hell (£170-80 or there abouts) and an absolute bargain.i think it will be about 2 years before you see transformers on blu ray.

Yes all HD DVD discs are region free.

TF wont be out on BD for a good few months/ years while Paramount are HD DVD only.

Matrix should be out on BD sometime before Christmas from what I remember.

It appears that way for Transformers, i dont know about the Matrix though as that in Warner Bros.

I was fed up with the Paramount announcement as i really wanted Transformers on BD. I have gone from thinking of getting into HD-DVD to actually getting a PS3 for BD and settling on that. I am now going to go dual format as there are a few HD-DVD's that i want, and HD-DVD is region free at the moment.

i would recommend you get a tosh HDE1 mate as there cheap as hell (£170-80 or there abouts) and an absolute bargain.i think it will be about 2 years before you see transformers on blu ray.

I have to concur with this, the add-on is not good value when compared to the E1 at the moment, plus you get 2 free fims with the E1 which just about bridges the apparent price gap

the 360 add on got my beak wet but didnt have enough flexabillity and it was just dumped ontop of the 360 (not exactly easy on the eye) and the standalone is much better.i have to be honest and say im a big fan of hd dvd but if the blu ray players were as cheap as the current uber bargain tosh ones then i would be dual format myself.you already have the dearest of the hardware so you might aswell treat yourself to the cheap side :devil: :Di would imagine that transformers and shrek 3 are going to shift a fair few hd dvd players.what im really looking forward to myself is face off and top gun.

Thanks everyone :)

I reckon I will definitely go dual format, as I refuse to buy DVDs now, and must have Transformers :) Matrix and others would also be cool to buy. region free is a BIG plus point too for me :)

The Tosh HDE1 seems a good way to go, and better than the add on for the xbox360, given the price. Is it cheaper than £180 (at Play) anywhere pls?

i think overclockers do it cheaper but i would rather nail my dick to a burning house then give them my money.

http://www.thedvdforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=304325

an extensive (to say the least) thread about there racist,**** poor and generally bad attitude to forum posters who dont agree with them and people having trouble with aftersales.

Thanks everyone :)

I reckon I will definitely go dual format, as I refuse to buy DVDs now, and must have Transformers :) Matrix and others would also be cool to buy. region free is a BIG plus point too for me :)

The Tosh HDE1 seems a good way to go, and better than the add on for the xbox360, given the price. Is it cheaper than £180 (at Play) anywhere pls?

:hiya:www.digitaldirect.co.uk E1=£169.90
EP-10=£239.90
Your choice enjooooooooy:D

i think overclockers do it cheaper but i would rather nail my dick to a burning house then give them my money.

Another ex customer I see :hiya: I perhaps don't go as far as you would prefering to keep nails for woodwork ;)

http://www.thedvdforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=304325

an extensive (to say the least) thread about there racist,**** poor and generally bad attitude to forum posters who dont agree with them and people having trouble with aftersales.

LOL..... and reading just the first page of that link tells me I won't be buying anything from them either.

Pity I just missed the chance to get a price from Scan though. Just called them to find their lines closed 20 mins prior :(

:hiya:www.digitaldirect.co.uk E1=£169.90
EP-10=£239.90
Your choice enjooooooooy:D

Just checked there and including p&p, it's the same as Play.com at £179.

Anyway, I may as well just buy it on Play I guess as I often buy there, and their service is A1. :smashin:

Is there any particular reason to pay another £70 to get the EP-10? I'll be connecting via component, not HDMI, so I guess there's no benefit to having 1080p capability.

As you say, there wouldn't be much point in paying £70 more for the EP10 as the component output is limited to 1080i/720p. However, should you upgrade to a 1080p24-capable set in the future, it would be good to have the option. ;)

Steve

As you say, there wouldn't be much point in paying £70 more for the EP10 as the component output is limited to 1080i/720p. However, should you upgrade to a 1080p24-capable set in the future, it would be good to have the option. ;)

Steve

My projector is 1080p capable, and plays in that mode with my PS3 using component just fine. What I'm wondering is whether the Tosh players will only go to 1080i via component, and require HDMI for 1080p? My projector has no HDMI.

What I'm wondering is whether the Tosh players will only go to 1080i via component, and require HDMI for 1080p? My projector has no HDMI.

I believe it is a DVD Forum rule that component output is limited to 1080i/720p. I guess the E1 should be just great with your projector. :)

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom