Are we ever going to see Widescreen from VM?

evil Homer

Novice Member
Says it all really... Its now May 2008, in the time of digital television and we're still watching programmes filmed in widescreen 16:9/16:10 compressed into a 4:3 window on our 32"+ LCD/Plasma/CRT tv's.

Yes can understand older programmes that are shown on UK TV and a few others... but Virgin 1 showing newer programmes in 4:3....

I refuse to use the Widescreen stretch option on my V+ box as it looks awful...

Has anyone heard anything recently about VM finally getting Widescreen in place properly?

nialli

Yes. A friend of mine who works at VM TV says it's imminent. They've had to do work on the backend content database but it's pretty much ready to roll.

BikeNutt

Novice Member
Yes. A friend of mine who works at VM TV says it's imminent. They've had to do work on the backend content database but it's pretty much ready to roll.
Please keep us posted (I'm sure you will anyway on your excellent blog!)

Just my luck Virgin1 will go 16:9 after the current season of The Unit finishes :D

Johnlouis

Standard Member
That's really good news!:thumbsup: Just posted a thread about that today, thinking I had my TV set up incorrectly. Can't understand why they've taken so long to do it though!

nialli

Latest: Virgin channels (inc. Living and Virgin1) going widescreen June 3rd. Not sure if this will affect On Demand content.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom