Are we biased on this forum??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JPC, Feb 28, 2002.

1. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im just wondering if we all seem biased on this forum? as the same old makes and models keep turning up!

I notice Eltax speakers have had some good reviews, but looking back over the last 60 days on this forum there is hardly any mention of them....

I was thinking of the Eltax Liberty range.
    Anyone got any comments about this make please?
    as they seem to be reasonably priced.
    JC

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,507
    Certain makes keep appearing because they are arguably the best products available at certain price points/budgets.

For amps/receivers Denon, Yamaha, Marantz etc etc will crop up most of the time and for speakers you´ll see Kef, Mission, B&W, M&K, Tannoy etc etc

I´ve not heard Eltax myself but as you said they have had some good reviews.

As with all things you need to demo them and choose whats right for you, let your ears decide. This forum helps to point people in (hopefully) the right direction and avoid some of the nastier products available.

cheers

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I am sure that Eltax have been mentioned and recommended quite a few times. For many people on a budget a Kenwood amp and Eltax speakers from Richersounds is a good starting point and has been recommended on quite a few occasions.

Probably the reason that they may not have been mentioned for a while is the incredible deal that Richer Sounds have had with the Mission setup but now that supplies are beginning to dry up recommendations will probably change.

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Of course we are biased, I can only recommend equipment I own (and think performs well) or what I know from auditions / what I have heard at my friends places.
    I can't / won't recommend any e.g. Marantz or Eltax product because I am not familiar with them at all.

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a pair of Eltax Profile floorstanders, could not fault them, the only thing i found was when given large amounts of volume the ports used to make an objection, but apart from that they were good with music and movies.
    You only have to look at the Eltax Chroma to see what products this company can push out, i think they look excellent.
    As with all speakers have a demo....

Made buy a danish company, very well made, and good value for money.