Are Two Subwoofers Better than One?

I do fully intend to purchase a superior subwoofer at some point in the near future, but it may take me several years to save the money for it, since I am not as wealthy as I would like to be, so do you have any recommendations that are no higher than $500 in price (and preferably no higher than $450)?

Not sure if finance would be option so spending 450-500$ at the shop and then taking the rest with finance paying monthly. If not then check if there is any SVS subwoofers available as 2nd hand with warranty. Example SVS PB2000 or PC2000 which should be possible with that budget (used) as new one goes 699$ for limited time.

There is one new PB12-NSD for 350$ at Loganville, Georgia. Not sure if warranty still valid. This is slightly below PB2000 older model.

You could also put wanted add for Monoprice Monolith 12" THX V1. Someone sold pair for 800$ there while ago so 400-500$ budget should get you one with warranty! It´s basically very similar to V2 which rca linked for you.

This one: Monolith by Monoprice 12in THX Certified Ultra 500-Watt Subwoofer Amplifier - Monoprice.com

Found this used one and if it has transferable warranty then it´s the best deal if you can pick it up. " Local pick up only. I can meet you within 50 miles of 92883"

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Since I have never set up a home theater system, before, I am not certain how to adjust the knobs and switches on the back of a subwoofer, so does anyone here have any advice for doing that?

Since I have never set up a home theater system, before, I am not certain how to adjust the knobs and switches on the back of a subwoofer, so does anyone here have any advice for doing that?

Sub phase zero
Disable the subs own crossover
Run avr ccalibration
Set speakers to small 80hz
Manually check levels with AV meter

Have you find any used SVS yet which isn`t too old?

Monoprice is having BF sale and you get -15% from the already lowered prices using BF15 code in the basket so 680$ for M-12 V2 THX, but that`s probably still too much. Very good deal as SVS PB2000 Pro with BF discount costs 999$.

Sub phase zero
Disable the subs own crossover
Run avr ccalibration
Set speakers to small 80hz
Manually check levels with AV meter

I shall wait until I am actually setting up the system before I ask for further details on each of those steps, but thank you for the basic outline.

Have you find any used SVS yet which isn`t too old?

Monoprice is having BF sale and you get -15% from the already lowered prices using BF15 code in the basket so 680$ for M-12 V2 THX, but that`s probably still too much. Very good deal as SVS PB2000 Pro with BF discount costs 999$.

I wish that I could afford those speakers, but there is no way that I can spend that much money on speakers, at this time, especially since I am currently looking for a new house, and I shall be needing to spend money on necessary appliances, such as a refrigerator, washer, and dryer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom