1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Toshiba DVD players prone to overheating

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kevb, Jul 25, 2002.

1. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a new 22 day old Toshiba 510e that has locked up on me twice. I wonder if any other Toshiba owners have a similar problem. Not just with the 510 but any other model.

Both times it has appeared to be extremely hot. There seems to be no other reason for the lock ups. To solve the problem the player has to be unplugged from the mains. It then plays as normal when you return to the point on the disk it crashed at. On one disk it was well past the layer change so I don't think it's that.

I don’t think it's the disks but they were both R2 copies of The last Castle and Legally Blonde.

Anybody had anything similar.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Had a problem with a couple of Tosh 210´s a while back, chapter skipping and pixellating, one also made a rather loud whirring noise. Both were sent back and repaired/cleaned/whatever and work prefectly well now. My Tosh 900 has had no problems at all.

The 210 does seem to get hotter than the 900, though that could be down to the actual construction/shielding etc

3. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Judging by the amount of copper on the SD900 chassis heat doesn't look like it would be a problem anyway.