1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are these worth anything?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Marc, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    I have a few rare or limited edition dvd's that are less well known than most, infact i've never seen anyone else mention them, so i was wondering are they so rare that no one's seen them besides me, or so worthless no one cares?

they are:

Gone in 60 seconds ltd edition containing the DVD, with a toy car and postcards inside a box

Event Horizon ltd edition containing the DVD in a cardboard fold out case containing artwork based on the movie (no. 00964)

The Great Escape "World Cup Edition" containing the DVD with alternative red/white artwork and a huge England flag inside a cardboard box

Jurassic Park 3 ltd edition (dutch) containing the DVD, lobby stills, a certificate of authenticity and a film cell inside a large box with claw marks in it.

not looking for offers or anything like that, just wondering really..

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I suppose everything is worth something to the right person - but I've not seen any other version of Event Horrizon personally (same one as I've got) and the Gone In 60 Seconds was an HMV special IIRC.

Not sure on the other 2, but I'd guess the only one that may have a bit of value would be the JP3.

3. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I doubt that DVDs would really be worth any great quantity of money. Even with special or limited editions there are just too many out there.

However, as has been said, it will be worth money to someone who wants it. Its just a matter of finding those people.

Stick them on eBay. Tend to find a lot of stupid people around there. You might get good money for them there.

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    no no, i don't want to sell them! just wondered if they were at all valuable