Are these the same; Panasonic 36PL30 = 36PL32 ?

A

asin

I am considering buying the Panasonic 36PL30 but I found that in Currys and Comet they have the 36PL32 ! I can't find any detail on 36PL32, according to Panasonic engineer it doesn't exist (not in UK anyway ) !? :confused:

According to one of the staff at Currys it does say PL32 at the back of the one displayed in Staple Corner branch (so not a misprint). Anyone knows if these are the same ?

Thanks,
A.

Yes thanks, I saw that after I posted this. I have already ordered the TV (due next week), lets hope it's as good as it sounds... (the PL30 got good reviews), I wonder if it has 2 tuner for PIP !? I don't think PL30 had PIP.

I guess PL32 is the equivalent of PL35 in UK (or is it?). How is your PL35, does it have Wide Digital Plus and PIP ? Are you satisfied...

A.

Yes, I think PL32 and PL35 look identical from the outside. PL35 has only one analog tuner. It has PIP. Wide Digital Plus I don't know. The specs don't mention it. How would you recognize it? It has all the same picture formats as PD30 (auto, 16:9, 14:9, 4:3, wide, zoom 1, 2, 3). Digital sat picture expanded to cover as much screen as possible keeping correct proportions looks ok.

Hmm, am I satisfied? I've had it for about 3 weeks now. The main disapointment is prog scan picture thru component. I was counting on it a lot, but it is worse quality than RGB thru scart and it's even distorted. See pics: text quality and wavy distortions horizantally across the middle part of the screen.

Attachments

• overscan progscan 500.jpg
    overscan progscan 500.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 138
For comparison this is RGB picture thru scart:

Attachments

• overscan scart rgb 500.jpg
    overscan scart rgb 500.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 122

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel