Are these speakers decent and how much they worth.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mr Bigglesworth, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically I'm slowly building a budget-esque home cinema set. I've got a pioneer 350, and I'm gonna get a VSX-C300 since they are only about £100 (yeah I know I should have got the Pioneer 454, then I wouldn't need to buy a dig coax to optical converter :rolleyes:); and I've seen the speakers from a Pioneer NS-88 (or 55) up for sale - just the centre, two front and two rear ones (no sub).

They have the bonus that they would look good, and are small, and my bro in law has something similar and they sounds alright ) haven't really had time to play with them much. So I'm not sure how they compare to other speakers.

So my questions are - how decent are the above speakers - and are they likely to be a good match for the above mentioned system in a medium sized living room.

And - how much are they worth, what is the maximum i should pay for them?

Thanks v much for any advice in advance!

2. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or if anyone would give me a personal opinion comparison between these and a richer sounds speaker package it would be much appreciated!

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I believe those Pioneer speakers are part of a sub/sat package and will sound thin and harsh without their partnering sub. They won't produce nearly enough (any?) bass on their own. Avoid.

Rather look at a Mission or Eltax cinema package (not necces. with a sub) from RS.

4. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not even if I were to add a separate sub?

Anyone got any specific speaker package recommendations? Whats the Eltax Stargate Package like?