Are these speakers any good?

Abstracto

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have some Sony HT 598 speakers and wondered wether these were any good? I am buying an onkyo 605 and don't know much about the speakers I own and wether they are powerful enough I was contemplating getting a new set but if I do that and they are not much better than my existing set they will be a waste of money I'm not wanting to spend hundreds of pounds on a new set either as I am skint, and wondered if anyone had any of these ht 598 and knew more about the spec
thanks

I found this link:
http://uk.shopping.com/xPF-Sony-HT-598-Home-Cinema-System

They look like a good starter 6.0 system and should work fine with your amp. They won't produce much bass being such small drivers, but they will see you into the world of surround sound just fine.

Adding a small sub will make a huge difference tho'. :smashin:

A new set such as the Monitor Audio BR2 5.1 setup should blow the Sony's out of the water, but they do cost over £700. I suspect your setup should compete well with something like the cheaper Kef Eggs.

Thanks for that it was a big help, I was looking at the kef speakers thinking that these may be better, I already own a sub as when I got them they didn't have the oomph, it's just a shame I can't find a review on these speakers anywhere, they came with my amp DE 598.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom