Are these routers the same?.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Having had a look at both, there is nothing to suggest that they are not the same, although the price difference is pretty big.

Cheers,

Martin.

Having no knowledge on the subject would that router be one of the best I could get for the price.

Are there faster routers out there considering I am on a 10mb connection with 2 pc's wired, 3 PS3's wired and one netbook wireless. using homeplugs.

Thanks.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
I would say that the Ebay offering is damned good value for money, considering it's 802.11n which offers 300Mbps transmission, the fastest wireless system you can buy. Put it this way, if I needed a new router, I wouldn't hesitate.

Cheers,

Martin.

Thanks for that mate :thumbsup:

Maybe I should put it in the bargain section of the forum?.

olisun

I have had experience with the DIR-615 and the DIR-635 and I would stay clear of them..

Anything DIR-655 or above is amazing...

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
I have had experience with the DIR-615 and the DIR-635 and I would stay clear of them..

Anything DIR-655 or above is amazing...
I have to say I don't know these routers but, looking at five customer reviews of the DIR-635, four of them are very positive, with the fifth reporting problems. See here and scroll down the page.

Cheers,

Martin.

olisun

I have to say I don't know these routers but, looking at five customer reviews of the DIR-635, four of them are very positive, with the fifth reporting problems. See here and scroll down the page.

Cheers,

Martin.
if you read through all the forums none of them have posted their experiences when using Draft N unless I have gone blind...

These routers don't have gigabit ports...

And I have had issues when using Draft N especially on the interopertability when using a Netgear Draft N card and also on the wireless range (similar to the only negative review)..

OK i'm confused now,

I plan to use this router wired and wireless, will I get reduced performance when I have it connected to my laptop and PS3's via ethernet cable ?

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
if you read through all the forums none of them have posted their experiences when using Draft N unless I have gone blind...

These routers don't have gigabit ports...

And I have had issues when using Draft N especially on the interopertability when using a Netgear Draft N card and also on the wireless range (similar to the only negative review)..
I'm not arguing with you - I only gave the link to the reviews as a pointer.

Cheers,

Martin.

Just a quick update on the router I bought from Aros on Ebay.

I installed it yesterday (without the CD) and we are currently running two netbooks wirelessly, one laptop, desktop p.c and a PS3 via homeplugs flawlessly.

Both netbooks are getting 100% signal anywhere in the house but they drop to about 80% when I walk to the end of the garden (70ft). All on a 10 MB virgin connection. On line games have a much lower ping (COD 4 and L4D).

Overall I'm over the moon with the performance, much faster surfing than my old wired router.

Highly recommended by me :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom